Warming Water In Auto Mister

Rush2112

Hello,

So I use a pump sprayer for the time being and warm my distilled water up to a nice warm temp before spraying my cage and Ego my Male Nosy Be Panther down. I plan on buying an Aqua Zamp in a couple of weeks and thought, How am I going to heat the water in the reservoir? Has anyone done this, worried about it? I thought maybe a fish tank heater may work with an adjustable temp.

Any thoughts are appreciated.
thank you.

I have a small electric heater along the floorboard of my bathroom. When I want to warm up my water I jack up the heater and sit the water beside it. It only takes a few minutes to get it to a desirable temp!

Buy a submersible aquarium heater.

Be sure to cover the resevoir so it is not exposed to light. Water + Heat + Light = Algae. Remove the light and no algae

It's plastic. One of the industrial buckets.

hmmm,,,, so those mats can be used under plastic.... thats what my reservoir is made of, i just assumed it could only be used under glass...
i was afraid of the plastic melting,,, im going to use one under mine.
thanks,, lisa

I haven't had any problems with it so far! It doesn't seem to get hot enough that I'm worried about it being able to melt. But I'd put something under it to protect your floor from burn marks just in case.

Yeah man, I used a 5-10gallon aquarium heater for my Chams misting res, which was also a bucket, works great..I'd try to get one that automatically shuts down with absence of water though, cause this event would cause "burning" alternatively you could just refill before water at the 3/4ths mark...I'd also recommend adding a stone pump to keep water well oxygenated..

Yeah man, I used a 5-10gallon aquarium heater for my Chams misting res, which was also a bucket, works great..I'd try to get one that automatically shuts down with absence of water though, cause this event would cause "burning" alternatively you could just refill before water at the 3/4ths mark...I'd also recommend adding a stone pump to keep water well oxygenated..

Good advice. I also use a submersible aquarium heater and a flexible bubble wand to keep my RODI water nice, warm and oxygenated. I just secure the heater to the very bottom of the res. They can explode or short out if they are exposed to air. I know people that have electrocuted their entire reef aquariums because they didn't place the heater on the bottom and put them up too high.

Back
Top Bottom