Warming up water source for mistking

BrittBepler

Is this something most people (or some) do? Will it harm the chameleon if the water in the bucket that a mistking pulls from is consistently warm (around 90 degrees)? Would love to see if others have done this and what pros/cons exist.

It is not advised to do this. what is warm to us is hot to them. Think of it as in rain. Our rain is not hot it is cool. Also you will get a build up of yuck in your reservoir if you heat the water. So I would skip this step and just keep it room temp.

Okay thanks, it appears he gets very annoyed with the mister and the tank that holds the water feels pretty cold which means its probably very cold for him.

Okay thanks, it appears he gets very annoyed with the mister and the tank that holds the water feels pretty cold which means its probably very cold for him.
Yeah that is not it... They do not typically like getting wet especially if you have a Veiled. I have noticed that my 3 Veileds honestly hate it. 2 will totally go into hiding once the mistking kicks on. Only 1 enjoys it but not all the time and he is older and much more used to the mistking and it kicking on.

Back
Top Bottom