wardrobe to viv conversion any ideas????

nottscami

hiya everyone
we have an idea to convert an old wardrobe we no longer use into a bigger viv for one of our veileds we would like to keep the drawers underneath for our bits and pieces and convert the top half into a viv. any ideas how to go about it and how to make it gr8
all ideas welcome and will keep updated on it progress
below and image of original wardrobe for reference
ProductDisplay

I really wanted to do this also but thought it would be too much work. I was thinking of making it into one big door (using pieces of wood nailed inside or something to hold them together) and then taking the right hand door off the hinge or something. Problem is youd need extra support on the left hand side to be able to take the force of both the doors etc.

hiya i live in the uk and have just done this and i am a girl and did it all on my own and its not that hard, i took the doors of and used a jigsaw to cut some large vents in the back and the top and the sides and fixed aluminum mesh from a store called b&q to them fro ventilation i have used the door wood to creat a top and bottom lip so the substrate wouldnt fall out and so as to hide the u.v at the top and i fixed a 4ml glass runners to the top and bottom of this lip and fitted sliding glass /or perspects or even screen attached via double sided velcro tape to cover the front its easy and looks great and there is lots of room and also a bit of cover from thew cold of the u.k and it keeps the humidlty in a bit better in the u.k it could be converted into a mesh velcro front as i said if more ventilation was required . i have sat a big reflector over one side on the outside of the vibv to shine into the wardrobe and the u,v runs along the front inside the lip of wood from the door that b.q cut to size for me..its a great idea!! try it for sure ...much cheaper than a buy it made viv and nicer looking too!! use yacht varnish and sealer inside to water proof and air it well before the animal goes in...mine love it!!!!:D

screen slides would be good.

Or at least drill many many many little holes on all sides - this will allow for some ventilation as well as give you hand way to wire attach branches.

Keep the doors, or rather the outter rim of the door - Jigsaw cut out the inside of each door, leaving a frame which you can then affix screen or plexi to.

A plastic liner or sealante or perhaps tile on the bottom and a few inches up the sides, to contain any water spilled. Or drill a hole in the bottom in the centre, weight it with a plant and use a liner and drain (like in a shower stall) to funnel the water down through the bottom and into a bucket stored in the top drawer?

Back
Top Bottom