Wandering Veiled Cham

BlueSierra

My female Veiled (young) that Ive had for about 2 weeks now has just been wanding the screen cage. The last 2 days she has been doing this, and even wanding the floor somewhat. She is getting on the plants and vines some but not as much as the cage walls and top. Im not sure if she is just roaming because she can or something is wrong.

She has been eating about 3 to 6 crickets a day, depends if they are tiny or a little larger. She appears to be drinking and is having BMs.
The wandering usually begins after she eats & basks for a bit.
It really got my attention because last night right at lights out time 9pm she was still wandering and not in her sleeping spot like she usually is by 8:30.

Any thoughts?

How old is she? If she is 5 months plus she is of egg laying age and could be looking for a place to lay eggs.

How old is she? If she is 5 months plus she is of egg laying age and could be looking for a place to lay eggs.

Carol I belive she is only a month 1/2 maybe 2 month. That is her in my avatar when we first got her, the guy said she was about 3 weeks. Does that sound about right?

You never should have been sold a baby that small.

However, since she is that young, she def doesn't have eggs..

what is your basking temp?

Most likely, shes just exploring.

My baby male veiled does this during the day all day, every day! He's in a 5 ft tall screen terrarium with 2 ft wide on all 4 sides and plenty of vines and live plants, but he still does it every day. He's usually on the door screen wandering around. I think that he thinks he can get out. Mine is 2-3 months old, around in there and has a very healthy appetite!

Back
Top Bottom