walking sticks?

RePtAr11

how can i get stick insects? i have asked around here but seem to get no answer. so if anyone knows how to get these please let me know...
thanks
kc

i just got some a few days ago. i believe they are pretty basic. i was told to feed mine rose leaves and just mist them from time to time.

If anyone finds these for sale please let me know. They had some at the expo but I didn't know a friend wanted them.

not cheaper... You have to feed them other bugs. Stick insects (C. morosus anyways)0 can just eat lettuce and stuff. and you can keep tons together without fear of them eating eachother.

cool so stick bugs it is.. if i can find them.. lol thanks everone.
o and Kara your text tone is fine ;) lol love all your info.

Fyi All Walking sticks are not illegal! They are in some places because their droppings actually carry eggs. But in many places certain species of walking stick are native and there are not laws against owning them. The Northern walking stick seems like the most legal one. It's legal in oregon and washington I know atleast. The ones here love to eat your ficcus trees up fast!

Note that some species such as Pink Winged (Sipyloidea sipylus) tend to lose their legs very easily. Also it should be noted that some species such as the Australian or Giant Spiny stick insect (Extatosoma tiaratum), the Jungle Nymph (Heteropteryx dilatata) and particularly the Thorn Legged stick insect (Eurycantha calcarata) can and will pinch (with their thorny limbs) and bite if not used to being handled.

Other species such as the American Walking Stick (Anisomorpha bupestroides) and to a lesser extent Pink Winged (Sipyloidea sipylus) have a defensive chemical spray which in the case of American Walking Stick (Anisomorpha bupestroides) can cause temporary blindness and considerable pain to an adult.

Back
Top Bottom