Vomiting panther chameleon

danny_cham

Established Member
Hello! I’ve had my male panther chameleon, Danny, for a little over a week now.
He’s been eating super worms, crickets, mealworms, and wax worms. Although recently he did go off his crickets.

I’ve been misting throughout the day and earlier this afternoon I turned on the dripper. He drank for several minutes and about half an hour later ended up vomiting. It was mostly clear but with dark chunks of what I believe to be half digested worms.

Could this be because he drank the water too fast? The water was about room temperature. It was just purified water from a bottle. The vet’s office is already closed but I’ll call and make an appointment tomorrow. He seems okay now but I am a little worried because I’ve never seen him do that before.

Estimated 1-2 years old. The previous owner didn’t know. The drips weren’t very fast but they might’ve been a little big

Could have taken in too much water at once.
How I the chameleon now?
He was okay when I left for work this morning so I’m hoping it was just too much water at once. I turned the dripper on and let him drink for just a couple of minutes before I turned it off. I’ll do the same this afternoon to make sure he doesn’t drink too much again. I also misted the enclosure before I left for work.

Could have taken in too much water at once.
How I the chameleon now?
I got home to check on him and he still just seems thirsty
8E3D033E-10A6-4FA9-901B-575B6A76002B.jpeg

I’ve been slowly letting him have water.
Although he started sitting with his nose in the air and now I’m concerned he’s got some sort of respiratory infection.
297D2091-F6BB-4ED3-B031-D219867066EA.jpeg

I’ve only had him for about a week so I’m still learning his behavior and personality.

Does he keep his mouth open when his nose is in the air?
Even long after he has been drinking water? Is the saliva stringy?
What's the cage temperature? Basking temperature?

Does he keep his mouth open when his nose is in the air?
Even long after he has been drinking water? Is the saliva stringy?
What's the cage temperature? Basking temperature?
No he doesn’t open his mouth at all and he only holds up his nose in the air for about a minute after drinking. I can’t really see his saliva well enough. Tried to get him to eat but he wasn’t interested.

Cage temperature was 75. I turned his basking light on but he flinched and puffed up at it so I was scared to leave it on for too long.

Back
Top Bottom