Vitamins Panther chameleon.

Meg4433

Established Member
How often do you guys give multi vitamins. Also calcium without D3. Then calcium with D3.

It's recommended that you dust the insects just before feeding them to the chameleon with a phosphorous - free calcium powder at most feedings to help make up for the poor ratio of calcium to phosphorous found in most feeder insects.

It's recommended that you dust twice a month with a phosphorous - free calcium powder to ensure that the chameleon gets some D3 without overdosing it and leaving the chameleon to produce the rest of the D3 from its exposure to the UVB light.

It's recommended that you your dust twice a month with a vitamin powder that contains a beta carotene (prOformed) source of vitamin A. Beta carotene won't build up in the system and lead to overdoses like prEformed vitamin A can. However, some people feel that panther chameleon's require prEformed vitamin A because they can't convert the prOformed sources into prEformed. By using the beta carotene vitamin powder it leaves it up to you to decide if it needs the prEformed.

It's important to provide a source of UVB so the chameleon can produce it D3 so it can use the calcium in its system. D3 produced from exposure to UVB won't likely build up in the system and lead to health issues as long as the chameleon can move in and out of the UVB when it wants to.

Appropriate basking temperatures allow for proper digestion and thus indirectly in the nutrient absorption.

Proper feeding / gutloading of the insects is also important. You can use feed/gutload crickets, roaches, locusts, superworms with a wide assortment of greens such as collards, escarole, endive, dandelion greens, kale, etc and veggies such as carrots, sweet red pepper, squash, zucchini, sweet potato, etc.

Hope this helps!

Help! So confused at supplement brands

My fiance an I are new chammy parents to a 2 yr old male nosy be panther chameleon :)
Can someone please tell me if these are the right/best supplements to go with for him? So far we have

- Exo terra multivitamin
- zoo med repti calcium w/d3
- flukers calcium phosphorus 2:1
Is the flukers one I have a regular calcium wo/d3
Please let me know if these are good for him?
I wanna keep him as healthy as Physicaly possible :)

My fiance an I are new chammy parents to a 2 yr old male nosy be panther chameleon :)
Can someone please tell me if these are the right/best supplements to go with for him? So far we have

- Exo terra multivitamin
- zoo med repti calcium w/d3
- flukers calcium phosphorus 2:1
Is the flukers one I have a regular calcium wo/d3
Please let me know if these are good for him?
I wanna keep him as healthy as Physicaly possible :)

Much heated debate as which is best. Many people are loyal to brands or which has worked in the past with no negative results. Repashy Ca, Rephashy Plus, Repashy Supervite, Miner All [I think is correct spelling], Exo-Terra Ca [w/out D3], Herpitive, Zoomed.... are all good products. It's kind of like Coke vs Pepsi. Just boils down to what you prefer.

Regular calcium?

Ok thanks for the reply :)
Is the flukers calcium phosphorus 2:1
A regular calcium w/oD3?
I just wanna make sure before I dust his bugs every second day with it.

Back
Top Bottom