Vitamins and Usage

kirekameleon

My local reptile store said to mix the Vitamins with my Calcium, it also says it on the label Rep-Cal, is this how everyone does it or do any of you have an alternative way.

kire

Is what you're using Herptivite?

Yes. With Beta Carotene. Is this stuff only to produce Vitamin A, but not directly giving them Vitamin but Beta carotene so its converted into Vit. A. There are no other vitamins needed if I have this product???

kire

Lol I've been as confused as you are with this supp so I usually use Miner-all. I'm glad you made this thread, maybe someone will chime in and help.

My Miner-all is not a multivitamin. Herptivite is. I use that for my multi, Minerall Outdoor for my calcium without d3, and Repcal with d3 for my calcium with d3. Do not mix your multi with your regular calcium That will be too much as your regular calcium without d3 should be given daily.

I use Rep-Cal Multivitamin w/ Beta Carotene, ZooMed repticalcium w/o d3, and Rep-Cal Phos free calcium with Vit D3. If I am to mix my Vitamins with my calcium 1:1 ration how does that work since I have two different brands.

The Herptivite smells like turtle food and is tan, my Cal w/ D3 is ultrafine is greyish, and Repticalcium from ZooMed is bright white. So I was still curious about what I read if it is slightly greyish it is not as potent of a product.

So, DONT MIX, should I dust every feeder at every time of feeding with the multivitamin on that day? What about when I give Calcium with D3 should I do every feeder throughout the day or only a few?

kire

Back
Top Bottom