Vitamin injections for 1.5-2 month old chameleon?

Just wanted to update and tell you guys the vet immediately said that he is too young for an injection, she didn’t realize how small he is from the pictures. Because of the location of the spot being directly in the middle of his belly, the vet thinks it might be some left over egg yolk from hatching, kind of like their belly button, I guess it can take 6-8 weeks for it to close up and flake off. Made a follow up appointment for 2 weeks and if it’s not gone we are maybe going to try some topical antibacterial/antifungal ointment, forgot the name. Even the topical she was worried about since it could be easy to apply too much and fill his system up with too big of a dose. Hoping it goes away and is just left over yolk from hatching :)
Wonderful.

I’m so happy to hear this news! I was so worried they were going to try and inject him with meds and he is much much too small! I hope the yellow tinge is gone before you go back. It really makes sense that it could be from the yolk sac. I might even be tempted to try and wash it off gently if it’s still there in two weeks if I were you.

I’m so happy to hear this news! I was so worried they were going to try and inject him with meds and he is much much too small! I hope the yellow tinge is gone before you go back. It really makes sense that it could be from the yolk sac. I might even be tempted to try and wash it off gently if it’s still there in two weeks if I were you.
I will definitely try that before l go back just in case it’s that easy, wouldn’t that be nice! :) She did mention that she’s heard of canv (yellow fungus) and will do a culture if it’s still there. Fingers crossed it’s totally benign 🤞

Back
Top Bottom