Vit D deficiency

AFH

Avid Member
So I go to the doctor and for my annual physical. The blood work comes back and my doctor tells me I'm Vit D deficient and I have to start taking supplements. I opted for pills instead of dusting my food.

I suppose I'll have to get a UVB light for my desk at work next.

Depending on your skin tone 15 min a day in the sun will give you a full day's supply. Milk also works, lol.

We metabolize vitamins different than reptiles,... But sun light is a constant for this particular problem.
....great excuse to go to the beach!:)

Get out of the studio once in a while and soak up some sun!! That reminds me, I gotta send you my address. You know how forgetful I can be:eek:

Depending on your skin tone 15 min a day in the sun will give you a full day's supply. Milk also works, lol.

Amount of time depends on your genetic background and geographic location and time of year(european skin for example is fair because it needs to let more UV in, african skin is dark because it needs to keep more out because there is more UV penetration in sunlight near the equator and less farther away in europe).

Research has shown that most north americans are vit d deficient because we don't get enough sun and in the winter most the usa has insufficient UVB in the sun to correct the problem even if we bask.

Milk is for babies. Eat more leafy vegetables.

Amount of time depends on your genetic background and geographic location and time of year(european skin for example is fair because it needs to let more UV in, african skin is dark because it needs to keep more out because there is more UV penetration in sunlight near the equator and less farther away in europe).

Research has shown that most north americans are vit d deficient because we don't get enough sun and in the winter most the usa has insufficient UVB in the sun to correct the problem even if we bask.

Milk is for babies. Eat more leafy vegetables.

That's what my dermatologist said about my skin tone. Plus, I'm in sunny southern California, were at a warm 77 degrees F today. :cool:

I hear ya, my D has been crazy low last 2 times I went to the dr. Plus I get so cold in the winter, I'd love to set up a little reptile bulb basking station in my reading spot, how much cancer would that give me? Lol.

I have vitamin d deficiency too :/

I'm allergic to the sun though so I can't go out and bask in it even if it was sunny here (I live in Minnesota bleh).

So, I stick to vitamin d tabs.

Back
Top Bottom