vining plants and how to attach them?

xxaprilrose

Established Member
So I am working on my second enclosure. I plan on having a "tree-like" look on the left side of the enclosure where im going to have a large round piece of wood going vertically and then going to attach branches out of it like a tree. I was thinking it would be cool to have a vining type plant go up around the "trunk" but I cant figure out how I would attach the plant to enable it to grow that way? And also are there any cham save vines besides pothos?

So I am working on my second enclosure. I plan on having a "tree-like" look on the left side of the enclosure where im going to have a large round piece of wood going vertically and then going to attach branches out of it like a tree. I was thinking it would be cool to have a vining type plant go up around the "trunk" but I cant figure out how I would attach the plant to enable it to grow that way? And also are there any cham save vines besides pothos?
I know u said besides pothos but pothos works great monsteras are also a trailing plant… and to connect then you can literally just use thread until air roots attach themselves and you can then take them off the air roots will come from little nodes usually below where leave spilt of the stem

plasticized twist ties
zip ties
staples
tacks
tape (until the vine takes)
...just to name a few

In lieu of pothos, I have a vining philodendron (which is often confused with pothos)
https://www.thespruce.com/pothos-vs-philodendron-differences-5069402
and a Tradescantia pallida. Both are relatively fast-growers (~1 foot per month).

Depending on where you are and if you can find one, Madagascar Jasmine is another.

Back
Top Bottom