Vines

Flick boy

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hi . So I have just dismantled my exo terra as my girl is in her new repti breeze and noticed that some of the exo terra vines after 10 months have worn down quite a bit im waiting on new muji panther enclosures which I was considering bio active but any suggestions about decent vines or skip them as don't want to have to pull enclosures apart to remove crap vines in a short time. Any thoughts

Vines are an issue because they do break down and have to be replaced. Some are better then others to use. I do not recommend the exo terra jungle vines at all. I prefer to use all real branches and pothos plants. These plants become their own vines.

Yeah and aren't cheap won't be putting them in my 3rd enclosure lol. I already use some real branches from my pine trees (well sesoned. Should I avoid these trees and others ? . What about bamboo i thought might be a slippy

Yeah and aren't cheap won't be putting them in my 3rd enclosure lol. I already use some real branches from my pine trees (well sesoned. Should I avoid these trees and others ? . What about bamboo i thought might be a slippy
You really do not want to use branches from pine trees or any sap producing trees. I do not use bamboo because it is slippery and does mold.

Although I’ve pretty much substituted branches for vines, I still have at least one in my enclosures. I like Fluker’s...soft foam and have held up very well in the year I’ve been using.

All trees produce sap do they not ? The branches i have used have dried for around 3 years so figured they should be more than ok

All trees produce sap do they not ? The branches i have used have dried for around 3 years so figured they should be more than ok
I honestly do not have the answer for you with this one. lol I avoid them but I also do not have access to branches that have been dried out for that long. I know fresh cut are going to produce sap along with other trees.

To my knowledge not all produce sap. And honestly I am not sure because I have read different things about sap producing trees and even Oak produces sap but we use in in cham enclosures. Birch produces a type of sap as well and it is also used in cages.

Yeah just lucky I suppose I live in the countryside and have a barn 30 foot square full of trees/branches

Ok I have 3 lights uvb connected to a jungle dawn both on 9 till 9. Basking light comes on 930 till 8 . But my girl is going to bed around 6 . Should I change light timing . I think I should have uvb and jungle dawn on separate. What about dimmers?

Ok I have 3 lights uvb connected to a jungle dawn both on 9 till 9. Basking light comes on 930 till 8 . But my girl is going to bed around 6 . Should I change light timing . I think I should have uvb and jungle dawn on separate. What about dimmers?
You will get different answers on this but...
Per her going to bed. 9am is later in the day for lights to kick on. Typically if their lighting is off from what the sun is doing and they are in a room where they get the light from the sun prior to their lights on this will wake them up... then you have the reverse. 9pm is typically much later then the sun sets. I run mine from 7:30-7pm. I do adjust slightly in winter vs summer.
You could have your uvb as the first to kick on and last to kick off.. Have your jungle dawn come on an hour later then off an hour earlier to give a more natural dim up and dim down for the lighting. I do not run my heat lamps more then 4 hours a day. from 10-2pm.

Back
Top Bottom