Vines that do not break down over time

Marty

MistKing
Site Sponsor
Found a cool product, so I thought I would share with you guys. Most of you know I'm a dart frog guy and these things look awesome in naturalistic dart displays. Not sure if it's applicable for chams though, but sure does look natural and I'd imagine chameleons in nature find themselves on branches like that too.

At one of the reptile shows I picked up an artificial vine from Phil Ramos from The Green Oasis. Phil has his own way of making these vines, he glues a 'mystery' mix of some grow media he concocted. It has moss spores, chopped up pieces of moss and who knows what else. Point is, it's loaded with micro flora that should germinate under the right conditions. I like to keep things moist, so I wanted to see what happens if you put this vine into one of my vivs and keep it misted and under good grow lights. Today I was trimming my 90 gal and I took the vine out. Vine was there for probably 6-8 months and it had tons of grows on it. It still feels very solid and has not disintegrated in any way. Some of my plants from my viv started transplanting onto the vine too.

Few pics of the vine:

vine1.jpg

vine2.jpg

vine3.jpg

vine4.jpg

vine5.jpg

vine6.jpg

vine7.jpg

vine8.jpg

That's awesome! I will be ordering some of those for sure. For people that use a lot of artificial plants for cleaning reasons this may be helpful in holding some humidity?

WOW !!!!!!!!!! Now that is a natural looking vine......thanks for the link. I might have to pick up one or two of these before I set up the adult cage.

I WANT ONE but i dnt see a add to cart button on the website or anything? i messaged them and havent gotten a response but im DIENNG to get one

great shots marty, so that a fake vine with natual plant life growning on it?? interesting

Back
Top Bottom