vines and branches from michaels

grccola

I just bought a vine wreath from Michael's and I wanted to know does this need to be washed down with soap and water like plants do and my other question is a saw some curly willow branches there that looked nice and could make 5 or 6 branches from them are they safe for my panther cage

Honestly, it's a safe bet to wash over anything you put in a cage with a living animal. Why take the chance on something that will only take you a few minutes to clean? If you don't mind, take a picture of the wreath and post it. I'm sure the vines will be Okay to use, given they don't have any wires or other potentially dangerous objects sticking out of them.

Here is the wreath

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1424135338475.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1424135338475.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 304
This is my specialty yes u need to wash everything from there when I was young I bought the wreaths and unwrapped it and used it it would be better if it was sandblasted but this will do but yes wash everything from michaels and ac moore. I make magnetic branches those things work great as well u can use the curly stuff just wash it try to avoid using any metal twist tie to hold this up it will rip screen and rust. Plastic coated garden tie works wonders. Also make sure the vine is plain not scented or shiny coated thats not usable

Ok thanks. I bought the dragon ledges. so far they are working great all I do is zip tie the branches to the ledges so I don't have to worry about putting holes in my screen

I actually just used the same branches from michaels. Sanded them lightly to help with traction. My guy has been walking on them fine the entire time even when soaked. Here's a shot before it is completely finished. Still adding more foliage and moved the plant down a little. Also more climbing sticks with the exo vines. Just threw it together quickly as the terrarium was leaving.

2508d724d2cb1de74f6e131f34c5f80d.jpg

Yes I got them at Michaels and there is a coupon on their sight for 25% off and I think there is sometimes a coupon for 50% off in the Sunday paper

just a quick update. I was just at michaels to get more branches and they take AC Moore coupons witch was 40% off so I got them for 12 bucks

Vines from Michaels

I have been using an artificial vine that looks like Ivy for about seven months now. The price was good as I remember I had a discount. I did wash it well before I used it. A bit of a pain as it had so many leaves and branches.
The only problem with it is my Cham is about 12" long and pretty strong. He has pulled off many of the leaves while climbing around during the first couple months. The vine still looks good, and he has not pulled any off in the last few months. I guess he just wanted to trim it up a bit for his pathways. He does use the artificial leaves to lick water from.
I have a live pothos and a money plant in there as well with the bendable vines available at PETCO and Pet Smart. The bendable brown bare vines were terribly expensive but work very well.
All for a happy cham.
Greg

Back
Top Bottom