Vieled Cham not eating

rybryantt

I have a veiled chameleon called Rio hes 6 months old...

He hasnt eaten much at all in the last two week maybe 5-10 bugs max!
He used to be such a keen eater, eating up to 10+, usually before he sheds he usaullly goes off his food, but for a month or so his head has been a greyish colour. He is also shedding but at an incredibly slow pace it is taking about two weeks so far... starting with his cask? (head) but its still rather greyish? his feet are now shedding but this is a week later... he suaully sheds his whole body in a day or so?

I have tried to help by misting him with warm water. But when I hold him or when hes out his viv he seems quite week but looks very health and plump and his eyes are not sunken in.

His viv is perfect for him he has everything a cham could want, he doesnt mind to be held hes quite a happy chappy as Ive heard they are all usally quite angry but he quite content with life, if I put my hand in viv he's not shy to walk on my hand. He usally eats a variety of bugs but he just not interested at all.. hes my first cham and im worried he is going to detiriate...

So any suggestiosn or answer I would be very greatful.

Thanks

Pictures could help. Sometimes it can show some signs of what could be wrong. As for the shedding, as they get older the days of full shed in an hour or two are often long gone. It can often occur over a week or more. I'd guess at about 8 months or so (can't remember for sure) my veiled would shed a section at a time, and it seemed that he was continually shedding at least one part of his body. As for eating, as they get older it is not uncommon for them to only eat a few times a week.
As for seeming weak when outside his enclosure, this could be a sign of something bigger. What types of feeders, gutload and supplements are you using? As suggested, fill in the help form that Lovelychams provided and we can see if everything looks fine.
When all else fails, do you have a reptile vet nearby?

Thanks for you help guys, Ive posted a picture it was from last month or so his head has shed since then but still grey... what do you think? Its quite a light picture but in real life its quite a prominant dull grey :/

Attachments

• RIO.jpg
    RIO.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 113
Reply!

i was having the same problem with my little guy, i had super worms on the bottom of the enclosure and eventually elevated them and he went right for them

Back
Top Bottom