*Victory dance*

parisaurusrex

I've had Ziggy for just over 3 months now, although sometimes it feels like its been forever! I've been slowly letting him out, trying to acclimate him to myself, and to say he has been less than thrilled would be an understatement completely!
He is a little muncher, he loves to lick off all the water from his plants, and then eat them! Sometimes I think he just skips the drinking part, and just goes straight to eating his freshly misted leaves. In these three months, he has absolutely destroyed his schefflera, pothos, and wandering jew.
Today I finally went out and bought him new plants. I repotted them with organic soil, and had completed my soaking process of some drift wood I collected. To coax him out I got some mealworms, and a few little slivers of strawberry. Much to my surprise he came right out, and then slowly, reluctantly, perched himself onto my arm! :eek: He did get rather dark at this point, so I placed him on a tall house plant.. I can't remember the name, starts with an 'A' I believe! His colors quickly returned to his beautiful green/teal/orange and he sat there and watched me for an hour and a half as I cleaned, and re-positioned his new foliage. Then, time to put him back in his newly refurnished home! This time I thought he would be a little hissy, for sure. Again, he surprised me! His colors did darken a bit, and he puffed up, but he walked up onto my arm and let me take him to his home! :eek:

I'm seriously so excited, he acts like I'm the spawn of satan most of the time! I guess all this hand feeding, leaving his cage door open, and letting him roam has been doing the trick! :D

Here are some pictures from today, sorry they are sideways.. not sure why they are, since I didn't take them that way! Also.. they are iPhone camera quality :eek: (the towel on the wall is covering a mirror!)

Attachments

• photo-6.jpg
    photo-6.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 155
  • photo-5.jpg
    photo-5.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 170
  • photo-7.jpg
    photo-7.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 160
  • photo-4.jpg
    photo-4.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 129
Thats awsome, im glad for u. Hopefully in time he will stay green colors while holding him. Best of luck and great job

My veiled ate his entire hibiscus! He left only a couple of leaves for hiding behind. Like literally two. You seem like you have done a lot of research on how to properly take care of these wonderful animals and I applaud you for that. And I think the pictures are like that because of the iphone. Mine do the exact same thing when I upload from my iphone.
Patience is definitely the best thing for these guys. I wish it weren't so. I have had iguanas and chams, and they both take a lot of time to get used to you. I know some come around faster than others, but the key is always to stick with it. They love routine and to take things slow. Keep up the awesome work!

Back
Top Bottom