Vet?

Uvagohoos

Hello I've had my baby Veiled for about a month now and she has been great. I have a veterinarian within 5 minutes of my house who is perfectly capable to taking care of Melly (my Chameleon) but since vet bills are a lot and my parents have made it very clear all the cost of the Chameleon are on me I would prefer to not go unless I have to. So my question is do I have to take Melly in regularly or only when something is wrong?

I take my guys for regular check ups and fecals. Fecals are very important because chameleons can get parasites from the feeders they eat and if parasites go untreated they will eventually kill your Cham. I highly recommend you start a vet savings account. Female veileds often have egg related problems and need to see a vet and sometimes need surgery. Being a responsible pet owner is taking complete care of your pet including vet visits.

Okay I'll find the money that's not a problem I love my chameleon and will do whatever I need to care for it how often should I take it

You're gonna hate me for this.... but Tech has produced some good vets. You can use some of their students for fecals, xrays, check ups, etc... I am sure you know someone from there. (Please don't cuss me or throw anything:D, only wanted to help)

Haha I appreciate the help but no my friends dad is vet and he is willing to do it but I have to take it in since he can't do it outside of the office (work rule)

Back
Top Bottom