VET UPDATE( I think we got the rot)

AncientCritters

Established Member
Well this is a really bad situation. I went to get her rot checked out. It was pretty obvious she had a infection so the vet started to clean it. She really got in there and removed all bad looking stuff. She said she thought the panther may lose some teeth. She started cleaning the area and all the teeth from the right side came out in a row. Talk about being surprised. I couldnt believe what I just saw. Then she went to the left side and did the same thing. This time she had to pull a little bit with some tweezers but not very hard at all. Certianly not hard enough to pull out about a row of 6 teeth. She cleaned the rest of the mouth and gave her some anitbiotics and pain reliever. I have to give her baytril for 2 weeks orally everyday and a pain reliever for four days. And to top it all off she is showing gravid colors that started on Sunday. He has not been bred by my panther but a possibility she was bred before she got to me. I like to think of myself as a good caretaker of my critters. Of course I dont know it all but since I read all I can and watch this forum a few times a day I would like to think I wouldnt miss something like this. The first noticeable sign was some lip gunk on Saturday. Shes a great eater and fat and "healty looking". Is there something I could have done to stop this before it got to this point. had the vet save the teeth for me so I can take som pictures. Once my camera is charged I willpost those. Also are crickets and roaches still going to be on the menu being she has no top teeth?? Ill be back to see the vet in 2 weeks for another checkup and to see how much of the bone is gone in the mouth.
PICT3530.jpg

PICT3533.jpg

Last edited:
Hope your cham is on the way to doing better soon.

? How are you supposed to feed you cham now?

Good Luck

OPI

Hopefully, she turns out alright.
BTY! The pic of her tooth look like a minature version of a meko shark mouth, very cool!:D

This post is over 2 years old now, but would be interesting to see an update. Hopefully a good one!

Heh I wasn't around 2 years ago and I appreciate the bumb. That is one of the craziest things I have seen and good motivation to be attentive with my cham.

That is just awful ! Poor little girl :( I really hope she is soon feeling much better. I don`t think you could have done more than you have for her, she is very lucky to have such a caring owner. I`m crossing my fingers for you both.

Back
Top Bottom