Vet transporting?

xarctic

My little man has his firs vet trip tomorrow and I have no clue what to put him in. Anyone have any suggestions?

I always transport Emoji in a dark cardboard box with ventilation holes. The darkness will usually make him fall asleep so that the drive is not too stressful. I also put a couple of sticks through the box for him to sit on. Hope that helps!

I fold a small towel or tiny blanket on the bottom of a large shoebox, and put some small bendy vines in there to grip.

FWIW, I use a larger cardboard box, with twisty vines attached to the box to grip onto and a towel lining the bottom.
I use masking tape to close the box because it can be peeled open and resealed without shredding the box.

I always transport Emoji in a dark cardboard box with ventilation holes. The darkness will usually make him fall asleep so that the drive is not too stressful. I also put a couple of sticks through the box for him to sit on. Hope that helps!

are ventilation holes necesarry? I brought my guy to the vet today and didn't seem to think so. Chams aren't normally shipped in ventilated boxes, but I suppose better airflow would be best.

For the vet I usually put nosy in a medium sized cardboard box with a branch pushed through the sides and a towel on the bottom. I don't put ventilation holes as its not airtight so he's got more than enough air. The darker it is the calmer he becomes. For longer distances I've recently purchased a small Pak-O-Bird case which comes with a perch and i added extra vines. This securely attaches to the car seat. There are also blinds which cover the ventilation mesh so it's dark inside. Nosy was in this for 24hours when I relocated to Austria and he was absolutely fine. :)

Back
Top Bottom