Vet questions

Sup guys I was wondering if I should take my chameleon to a vet?? I just got h this morning but should I just take him anyways to check on worms? Or will there be symptoms that appear if he has some? Anyways do you guys take your chameleon to vets like once in a while or you only take it to the vet for a reason?

To check for worms a fecal test would be good. You don't have to bring the cham in for that. A lot of parasites won't show any symptoms it seems or won't show any symptoms until the infection is quite serious, so they can appear totally healthy and have an infestation of some sort.

If you have the time and $$ it couldn't hurt to take him for a check up, just make sure you find a vet experienced with reptiles/chameleons. But if you take a fecal sample, and that comes back clean, and he appears otherwise healthy you should be good, I think.

To check for worms a fecal test would be good. You don't have to bring the cham in for that. A lot of parasites won't show any symptoms it seems or won't show any symptoms until the infection is quite serious, so they can appear totally healthy and have an infestation of some sort.

If you have the time and $$ it couldn't hurt to take him for a check up, just make sure you find a vet experienced with reptiles/chameleons. But if you take a fecal sample, and that comes back clean, and he appears otherwise healthy you should be good, I think.

Good advice. A check up and fecal is a good idea to keep your chameleon healthy.

Back
Top Bottom