Very Worried

Ok so here are the pictures, taken with the same camera but its a little clearer... I have the cup set in the middle of the cage like you said but he hasnt eaten any of them all day :( I have misted the cage for 10 mins three times today, he seems to just hide in the fake plants in the top right corner of the cage.
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/6493/photo00689bk.jpg
http://img400.imageshack.us/img400/2633/photo00697la.jpg
http://img400.imageshack.us/img400/9449/photo00705cz.jpg

By the way im sorry to drag this post out, just want to keep him alive and this site has helped me alot so far.
Thanks

Dont worry about dragging this post out, its good to see that you really care for your Cham and bought him a very nice setup :D.

Its basically trial and error where you place the cup. Place it near where he basks at. Do you know the temps of the basking spot plus the other side of the cage? It could be alittle cold thats why he is hanging out around that corner of the cage. I'm not sure what temps should be for your Cham though...

Well from google i found
"Maintain day temperature range between 76-82 degrees F. Maintain night temperature range between 64-72 degrees F. Use reptile heating pads under tank for 24-hour heat. " for carpet chameleons, throughout the cage it is about 75 so I need to get it up more, how can I do this...? The bulb I am using for the basking lamp is only 40W, which wattage would you suggest?
Also I just went to see temps and he was upside down on the top of the cage, is this a good or bad sign.. I am seeing it as atleast he is moving about more.

Thanks

It sounds like that website is advocating that you use an aquarium for your chamelon. I would strongly suggest that you don't use an undertank heater. Your chameleon would appreciate a drop in temperature at night. If you have one spot in the cage that is the high end temperature for basking, then you are doing fine. 75 for an ambient temperature is nearly perfect. What is your basking temperature? The chameleon will moderate its temperature by moving in and out of the basking light. Have you read the adcham page that I sent on an earlier post? It is usually better to try to find sources of information that are considered to be reliable, and adcham is a realiable source.

http://www.adcham.com/html/taxonomy/species/flateralis.html

"Acclimation of these animals can be difficult for even experienced keepers. It is highly advisable to seek out captive born specimens. This species is best kept individually. Males are highly aggressive, asocial and notoriously territorial. Females are easily stressed. This is a "hands-off" species for most keepers. Caging requirements include a minimum 24"(H)x16"(L)x16"(W). F. lateralis is a notorious screen climber. Do not use fine screen which can cause toe and claw damage. This species has been successfully maintained in 20-30 gallon (high) terraria but this is not advisable due to the inherent difficulty in providing adequate ventilation in such terraria. Ambient temperatures in the high 70's to low 80's with a basking spot set to 90 F and a 10-15 F drop at night are recommended. A humidifier is advisable to keep the humidity in the range of 60- 100 percent. Multiple daily mistings and/or a drip system are also required. F. lateralis are generally voracious eaters that accept all appropriately sized insects. As with all chameleons, UVB flourescent lighting is a necessity. Cages should be well planted with various size branches (one near basking spot). This is a sun lover that should be exposed to natural sunlight. The keeper must be particularly alert to the early signs of upper respiratory and mouth infections which are common in this species."

Right I have got the humidity gauge and it reads at about 40%, I need to get it to 60 - 100% and im not actually sure of the best way to do it.. I have ordered in a humidifier type thing, it sprays water at set times. If anyone has any tips on getting the humidity up I would appreciate them.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom