Very unhappy female..black and ill

beckyboots1985

Hello

Without any major changes to her environment the female yemen has taken a serious turn for the worse. last week I found her at the bottom of the cage, concerned I approach as normal but she hissed and went black. Prior to this (even the day before) she had been absolutely fine + Friendly.

Now she is black all the time, looks ill and has stopped hunting for food. I am concernd she has an infection but no bubbling or heavy breathing. She is black most of the time now and is only just about taking hand feeds of a liquid high calium vit drink (powder) for our other cham that needed it a few weeks ago.

Would you advise to take her to the vets immediately?:mad:

Hello

Without any major changes to her environment the female yemen has taken a serious turn for the worse. last week I found her at the bottom of the cage, concerned I approach as normal but she hissed and went black. Prior to this (even the day before) she had been absolutely fine + Friendly.

Now she is black all the time, looks ill and has stopped hunting for food. I am concernd she has an infection but no bubbling or heavy breathing. She is black most of the time now and is only just about taking hand feeds of a liquid high calium vit drink (powder) for our other cham that needed it a few weeks ago.

Would you advise to take her to the vets immediately?:mad:

How old is your female? Does she have a laying bin? She may need to lay eggs. Does she look fat? If it is none of those then I would go to the vet. Good luck.

Se very well may be egg locked as mentioned above. Either way I would say take her to the vet in case, just because she's not eating. She'll stop eating right before laying though so try putting some slightly moist sand at the base of her cage. If she digs around, get her into a laying bin immediately, if not, straight to a vet. Hope this helps, good luck

Back
Top Bottom