very proud teacher

squeekz1992

So, today I wore my Karma Chameleon shirt to work. I was sitting in with the 1-1.5 year olds, when a little boy (1) comes over, points to my shirt and says "Frog" I said "No, but you're close." Then this little girl (16 months) comes over and says "That's not a frog that's a chameleon!"

Proudest moment of my life so far lol. So then we talked about how a chameleon shoots his tongue out to grab little bugs. And how its similar to what frogs do. The rest of the morning they walked around saying "chameleon!" But they sounded like little chipmunks saying "camewlen" he he :D

You should be proud, you have given them something that they probably would never know about until much later in life, opening up an entire new world to children is a fantastic thing....have you taken Kuzco to visit the class?

I agree, you have every right to be proud. You might not be an officially qualified teacher but my mum taught primary school kids for quite a while......It's a vocation and from what I can see you are already one of the best teachers around :)
It's not something I could do......I'm actually a lot less cute in real life......:rolleyes: :cool::D

If they remember :)

I can't take Kuzco in :( some lame state regs. Reptiles and birds aren't allowed at the center. Or at least not allowed to stay. But honestly, the kids aren't well enough behaved to look at him from a distance. They are sweet, but they lack the discipline to be around a chameleon

thats great :) I wish I would have had a cool teacher like you when I was a kid - but, our class did have a hamster in 2nd grade- for one day.....until someone left the top off his cage the first day we got it- was also the last day we had a hamster in our classroom :eek:

How fun! My daughter had a frog when she was young, long before I had a chameleon. When I got the chameleon I tried to make the tongue action a common theme...didn't work, but then she was a pre-pubescent girl, I'm not sure why I thought anything would.

Awesome. People like you making wildlife fun and interesting for kids is what we need. I can remember very well my teachers that reinforced my love of wildlife, and led me to become a biologist myself.

Cheers!

thats great :) I wish I would have had a cool teacher like you when I was a kid - but, our class did have a hamster in 2nd grade- for one day.....until someone left the top off his cage the first day we got it- was also the last day we had a hamster in our classroom :eek:

Awe thanks:) lol. My class had a chinchilla and a leopard gecko. But the gecko got mbd really bad and died :( the chinchilla as far as I know is running strong :D

Lol these kids have fish and frogs. I am unsure what kinda frog though, the teacher said aquatic frogs?? Maybe I'll look into that bc they seem rather bored (the frogs do lol)

How fun! My daughter had a frog when she was young, long before I had a chameleon. When I got the chameleon I tried to make the tongue action a common theme...didn't work, but then she was a pre-pubescent girl, I'm not sure why I thought anything would.

Lol I tried raising tadpoles when I was young but sadly it didn't work:(

Awesome. People like you making wildlife fun and interesting for kids is what we need. I can remember very well my teachers that reinforced my love of wildlife, and led me to become a biologist myself.

Cheers!

Thanks! I love animals and the kids seem to as well. I wish I could show them Kuzco. I would love to be a vet or animal rescuer. Maybe these kids will understand one day and love chammies like we do :D

Back
Top Bottom