very new need help

Hi and welcome.
Please know that everyone here is just trying to help, we see this everyday and want to help before its too late.
If their turrets are full and round, he is fine. Look at my avatar, that is a hydrated Cham eye :)
And I'm throwing my 2 cents in here. If that is a red lamp for heat at nite, it isn't necessary. A regular 40w will do great during the day, Especially with your temps.
For a panther, 87' is optimal basking or digestion temps. I believe veileds are slightly lower. Since I don't keep veileds, someone else might double check this.
And welcome and we are happy you are here
Anne

There should be nice creases around his eye turrets where they join his head, rather than being a dip between the turret and eye socket. If you could share a pic there are lots of things we can tell feom how he looks. Forget about the fancy structures for now. He needs moving water splatters, humidity, heat, from a regular household bulb, and UVB from a proper reptile light, the one most people use is the Reptiaun 5.0 tube. You can get aeay with a lot and avoid expensive 'reptile' labelled supplies, but UVB isn't something you can cut corners with. Check in the housing section of the forum, I think there are a fair few keepers in climates similar to yours who are able to keep their chameleons totally outside for much of the year.

Back
Top Bottom