Verrucosus

It was a few weeks since i have photographed my verrucosus. So here are a few of the newest pictures! I hope you will enjoy them as much as i do! :)

dsc0414s.jpg

dsc0406v.jpg

dsc0378uv.jpg

Marc she is a true beauty. i have never seen a verrucosus, I had no idea how nice they are. No wonder you wanted them so much. It is nice to hear they are doing well for you. I love the tightrope for them to waltz around for outside the cage time.

Hey Laurie! :) Thank you for your kind words! :) I guess you'll have to travel to Canada to get a few babies whenever i'll have some! :) Maybe next year, who knows! :)

Hopefully in a few weeks or months i'll have more plants for them to hide on their free-ranging area! :) The male doesn't seem to be a big fan of the free-ranging ropes, but the female and my male sambava can't stop traveling when they are on it!! :p

If i want you and Laurie to have a few babies, i have no choice but to take care of them! :) You two have helped me so much! :)

Its so good to see that they are acclimating well. Ive only seen one imported verru for sale and sadly it looked nothing like the pair you received. You really lucked out finding that beautiful pair. Your female is gorgeous.

I have never seen this species either. They are stunning! The colors are so bright and I love the colors on the female. You definitely got a very nice pair of WC chams! Keep the pics coming!

You are right Texas Panther Man, and i have no reason to complain about the pair i received! :D

The only acclimatation worry i had was Calleigh not gaining much weight! After 10 weeks under my care, she only gained 5 grams, going from 36 to 41 grams. But she always remained active, with not too flashy nor too dark colorations, always eating fine and drinking very well. So i kept hoping and hoping! But compared to most importations, this is really not a big deal! ;) And thankfully, this is the second week in a row that she has gained 4 grams in the same week! So i'm very happy! :)

Both were even tested for parasites and turned out negative! You won't see that often, especially when you know that they are imported and coming from a petstore! :eek:

Beautiful verrucosus:cool:, i am actually amazed by there condition as WC....in the far future once i have my own adult life and hopefully successful...i hope for a chance to experience caring these awsome species.....:cool:...among my own long list of other species as well....although lately melleri, K.tenuis, quads, an jacksons are starting to be a great interest to me .....anyway...i hope for the best for when you decide to breed them:)

@Ace: Verrucosus are so much easier to keep than most chameleons, and they are definately worth keeping! :) They handle low and high humidity very easily, they can tolerate low and high temperatures as well, and don't need to be hydrated much since they usually live in the desert or close to the desert! The only thing is they need a larger enclosure than pardalis, but this is something i love about them! :D

@Lynda: I can't guarantee when i will have baby verrucosus, but it's just a matter of time! ;) And you can trust me, i'll do my best to have some, as soon as Calleigh can! :) I'd be so glad to give a few eggs to a few people i like! Knowing that they will be taken care of, and loved! :)

Yes indeed! I was mixing two sentences in one, and it ended up being wrong! :p Basically, i'll be glad to give a few babies once i hatch some eggs! :D

so you have some fertile eggs?..thats awsome....but i know...cant get my hopes up..but still congrats..an hope for my first time to see babies of the species....an thx for the info Marc....they seem really awsome to care for, an i dont mind larger space aswell( if i have the space:p)..im planning as my first different specie, other than veileds, panthers, and jacksons,...i plan to try out cb melleri....hopefully in a long while flchams has them again:rolleyes:....

I thought i had an idea when i got them, but the more they grow up, the less i know! :D So i expect the male to be somewhere around 9 months, give or take 3 months lol. And the female is probably around 5 months, give or take 5 months haha! :p

It's really hard to guess since the female spent over 2 months without gaining much weight, while the male has been gaining over 10 grams every week for the last two months (except one week). *shrugs*

Sorry to not be more helpful Ace! ;)

Back
Top Bottom