venus isn’t doing good, thoughts appreciated

my baby male veiled chameleon isn’t eating and has been really sick… i will be taking him to the vet on tuesday as it’s the first time available but i don’t even know if he will make it til then.

his eyes are shut and he doesn’t open them and he barely moves even when i touch him. please don’t be mean, i’m not looking for criticism. i have listened to everybody on here and have done everything right but he is still sick.. i think petco gave me a sick chameleon:(

anyways, just looking for some support in this rough time. he’s just a baby and i got him so i didn’t kill myself… i love him so much and am really scared he will die. hopefully he makes it to his vet visit and comes out stronger to live a long, healthy, and happy life.

i’ll attach some pics of him when he was a healthy boy💚😞 i’m so sad.

Attachments

• D0A94B76-0648-4C4B-B27D-D48707009AA9.jpeg
    D0A94B76-0648-4C4B-B27D-D48707009AA9.jpeg
    177 KB · Views: 57
  • 86B6EC8C-8F59-426A-9E3B-3FB355C383CA.jpeg
    86B6EC8C-8F59-426A-9E3B-3FB355C383CA.jpeg
    173.5 KB · Views: 57
  • 3EAEFF91-BEFE-468C-9E24-AE65C369C0C2.jpeg
    3EAEFF91-BEFE-468C-9E24-AE65C369C0C2.jpeg
    207 KB · Views: 65
If you have everything correct in enclosure and husbandry is on point you have done all that you can. I'm sorry your going through this but Petco is known for having sick chameleons as their enclosures are not correctly set up and might have parasites. You already have a Vet appointment which is great. Your both in my prayers.

I’m so sorry that your little guy isn’t doing well. Baby chameleons are very fragile and have little to no tolerance for anything less than ideal conditions. That, combined with everything involved with their life with Petco makes it a roll of the dice whether they will be healthy or not. I’ve taken a quick glance at some of your previous posts and it appears you’ve had a good set up and tried to get everything just right. You and your sweet little one will be in my thoughts and I’ll be praying for you both. 💗 🙏

Petco is known for having sick chameleons as their enclosures are not correctly set up and might have parasites.
I avoid petco for this very reason. I used to go there just to look at animals sometimes. But over time I realized that they are in it for the money and they dont properly care for ANY of their animals. Its sad that lives are at stake for the profit of the ol mighty dollar.......

hopefully he makes it to his vet visit and comes out stronger to live a long, healthy, and happy life.
He could very well pull through. There are wild chameleons that are caught and then shipped in VERY bad conditions overseas to be sold in America. Some are in TERRIBLE shape when they arrive, but with proper care and nutrition, some of them have pulled through to thrive amongst the best. Dont lose hope yet. Stay strong for that cham!

I avoid petco for this very reason. I used to go there just to look at animals sometimes. But over time I realized that they are in it for the money and they dont properly care for ANY of their animals. Its sad that lives are at stake for the profit of the ol mighty dollar.......

He could very well pull through. There are wild chameleons that are caught and then shipped in VERY bad conditions overseas to be sold in America. Some are in TERRIBLE shape when they arrive, but with proper care and nutrition, some of them have pulled through to thrive amongst the best. Dont lose hope yet. Stay strong for that cham!
it’s terrible. but yes i’m trying to stay strong! counting down the minutes to his vet visit

Back
Top Bottom