Veileds!

Julirs

As far as personality goes, you just cannot beat a Veiled. They are all so unique, and strange in their own little ways!

Comet-Comet was the little female that I rescued along with the skin diseased male. If you go near the cage she is hoping you have food. She is interestingly colored, with alot of black/dark coloring around her eyes and face. I plan to introduce her to my FL WC male Bruce this weekend.

DSCN8519.jpg

DSCN8525.jpg

Easter is Bruce's daughter-I plan to introduce her to Mr. Mangles this weekend. She has a nasty little personality.

DSCN8536.jpg

Wasabi is one of Jann's babies. She is sweet as can be and ALWAYS hungry. She laid an infertile clutch a month ago. She will also be bred to Mr. Mangles. She is hands down the most beautiful female Veiled I have ever laid eyes on. She is a deep purple color, with the most perfectly shaped head and casque.

DSCN8531.jpg

DSCN8529.jpg

DSCN8532.jpg

Mr. Mangles is the son of Leon who started my Veiled line-he is just plain weird. I am not sure how to explain it. He is very uniquely colored, displaying more orange and browns and almost pinks then green. He is shedding and a bit grumpy-but how can you not love this giant face?
DSCN8539.jpg

Bruce is my FL WC Veiled. He has a huge casque and also is more on the brown side. He prefers to basque very close to the top of the cage in a weird position.
DSCN8540.jpg

Hershey is Mr. Mangles brother. He is a deformed yet comical little creature. Again-how can you not love that face?
DSCN8542.jpg

Thanks everyone, and no, he looked normal until about 4-5 months of age, and then he really stopped growing for the most part. He is about 4" snout to vent. That is about half the size of his brothers.

awsome vieleds, hershey and wasabi are my faves:D

you are right i can't resist having a soft spot for hershey:p

Thanks everyone, and no, he looked normal until about 4-5 months of age, and then he really stopped growing for the most part. He is about 4" snout to vent. That is about half the size of his brothers.

Interesting. Any thoughts as to why he did?

LPR08

MBD or MBD like disorder. He was in the same cage with the same lighting and supplementation. The other babies picked on him mercilessly, as if they knew something was wrong with him. I will try to find that thread.

I remember that thread Juli! Hershey was always brown and looked quite sad, bless him! I think he is gorgeous! Wasabi is looking so pretty too! You will have a LOT of tiny mouths to feed if the pairings are successful! I can't wait for baby pics!:D

Nice group of kids!

Have you been able to take advantage of the beautiful FL weather we are having and get those guys out in sun? :)

I have Wasabi's sister (well.. one of her sisters) and Anna LOVES being out in the sun! She turns such a lovely shade of green with turquoise and gold. Just Beautiful! I know she would much rather be out of her cage than in because she is brighter when she is free ranging. I try to spoil her but unfortunately I can't let her be out all the time

They absolutley get out in the sun! I have plenty of pictures on here of my pool deck lined with cages-my neighbors think I am crazy! :)Wasabi would be happy anywhere there is food! I am debating keeping anyone outside full time. I am not sure if it is the pool, or just the high heat and humidity, but I had my fair share of issues with the animals out there that I do not have inside the house.

It's always nice to see Wasabi and know that she's doing well. I think Dez is right. If you took her outside for pictures and put her on a plant or tree she'd show some gorgeous colors like her mama.

It's always nice to see Wasabi and know that she's doing well. I think Dez is right. If you took her outside for pictures and put her on a plant or tree she'd show some gorgeous colors like her mama.

She is out there right now-basking like a princess. I will try to get some pictures later, but she is having a pretty good shed.

Back
Top Bottom