Veiled Swimming + Hunts fish??!

Does any body else see the fear in the chams eyes ? Are they normally black like that when the hunt ?

No offence to any of us, but I have seen this guy and he is terrible, bordering on crule. Not the he means it to be. I believe he is thinking he is doing great. But where are the adult animals ?

This would be like throwing you into a survivor episode and expecting you to live your life there.
Any thing that needs UVB is already dying.
Forcing a group of animals to fend for their own food in a limited environment will starve out the weak.

Final suviviours will be the largest terrestrial Frogs/Toads. If not of equal size they will eat each other even then.
A large frog like a horned or African bullfrog can and will eat everything in there. It only has to cross his path once.

I do not recommend him, and have told my son he is an idiot and not to watch him unless you want dead animals.

Poor thing looked so uncomfortable the entire time... "Looks like he's looking for prey" no it looks like he's looking for a path to somewhere safe & comfortable ?

It shows they do not understand water at all, and would strongly suggest that they do not live near water at all.

Exactly this. That chameleon was looking for something to grab onto the entire time, and panicked when it lost contact with a solid surface. It wasn't swimming for fun, and I imagine frequent run-ins with deep water would be seriously stressful for a chameleon.

Does any body else see the fear in the chams eyes ? Are they normally black like that when the hunt ?
Exactly!!!... The color says it all. Black is not a "I'm thrilled to be on a plant in water color" It is pretty horrible to do to an animal. People and their ignorance and doing things for their amusement. Absolutely irritates the hell out of me the incompetence and total lack of empathy some people have. Same as being told your not providing the right things and then never upgrading them. But then wanting to know why the cham is sick... Like I do not understand people.

Exactly!!!... The color says it all. Black is not a "I'm thrilled to be on a plant in water color" It is pretty horrible to do to an animal. People and their ignorance and doing things for their amusement. Absolutely irritates the hell out of me the incompetence and total lack of empathy some people have. Same as being told your not providing the right things and then never upgrading them. But then wanting to know why the cham is sick... Like I do not understand people.
Well... The cham went in the water by itself... its not like he put them there. There are high trees and basking spots, if the cham decides to go down the tree into the water you can hardly blame the person, not that the setup is anywhere near ideal.

Well... The cham went in the water by itself... its not like he put them there. There are high trees and basking spots, if the cham decides to go down the tree into the water you can hardly blame the person, not that the setup is anywhere near ideal.

Did go in, or fall not know he could not walk on water ? What choice di the animal have but to come down after food ? Is there plenty available up high ? What UVB do you know of that can reach that far, I would love to get my hands on it.

This is not directed at you. But at him.

Ummmm the video starts with the cham on the plant in the water... You really think this poor thing swam out there like "Oh this is a great place to turn black as death and I guess I will hunt some fish while I try not to be eaten by the huge red eared slider"????

This is a video done by a moron to get attention IMO... No more and no less. This is animal abuse.

if the cham decides to go down the tree into the water you can hardly blame the person, not that the setup is anywhere near ideal.

Keeping an animal in an environment so far from its ideal that it's outright hazardous is entirely to blame on the person who arranged those conditions. Whether it was staged, accidental, the result of interspecies conflict, confusion, curiosity, whatever- the owner of these animals is willfully allowing his animals to endanger themselves and happily trying to profit off the footage. Even when his "favorite" frog was being eaten, he stopped to film it for several minutes before intervening and did nothing to prevent it from happening again (except asking whether he should "get rid of" the pacman frog... ?)

Everything about this guy rubs me the wrong way. He's more concerned with standing out than taking care of his animals, and unfortunately his "style" is the same flashy, "wow so crazy" type that appeals to kids who don't know any better.

[/QUOTE]
Did go in, or fall not know he could not walk on water ? What choice di the animal have but to come down after food ? Is there plenty available up high ? What UVB do you know of that can reach that far, I would love to get my hands on it.

This is not directed at you. But at him.
I left a comment on his vid a while back asking him the same . wouldn't a metal halide provide uvb better for a set up like that ?
he also puts meal worms and crickets and super worms for his animals to eat by themselves , but don't those only come out at night ? not only that the cal to pho ratio on all those is terrible

I left a comment on his vid a while back asking him the same . wouldn't a metal halide provide uvb better for a set up like that ?
he also puts meal worms and crickets and super worms for his animals to eat by themselves , but don't those only come out at night ? not only that the cal to pho ratio on all those is terrible
[/QUOTE]
Ehhh I don't have hands on experience with MH or MV but depending on the height I doubt either could provide the UVB the turtle needs. I believe with most at max you get a 2 foot distance. Issue is they also can put out a lot of heat so if it is a small enclosure then there is that concern.

Ehhh I don't have hands on experience with MH or MV but depending on the height I doubt either could provide the UVB the turtle needs. I believe with most at max you get a 2 foot distance. Issue is they also can put out a lot of heat so if it is a small enclosure then there is that concern.
[/QUOTE]
its a whole room ! no cages at all ! that's whats crazy . from what I see he has no uvb source just heat bulbs !
I see many comments asking about the uvb source .

[/QUOTE]

I do use them, You picture this huge area covered, but thit is not the case. It is more like a cone with the effective zones .UVI 3, being only about 18 in diameter with a depth of only about 18-20 inches. And Yes heat. I hade to switch from the 165w as those create 90-93 temp in the UVI zone.

Back
Top Bottom