Veiled Rescue-Severe Skin Issues...

Thanks for the update. I can't wait to hear what comes of the testing. Sounds like your vet is interested in getting to the bottom of it as well.

You asked previously how long it took to get results from the tests. In my case it was over a weekend that the sample was sent, but results came in just about a weeks time. Much the same as if a fecal is sent out for analysis, as opposed to inhouse.

Please let us know anything you are able to find out. If you have any questions about what I had going on, I am more than willing to help any way I can. Having encountered something similar, I know it looks worse in person than any pictures.

Waiting for the Vet to call me back. I called this morning as instructed. I know they are super busy, but should call soon.

Well-the Vet never called back. Strange, but I am sure he she is treating him. I guess we will know more on Monday.

I was really hoping to hear something...but some of the tests take a few days...especially when they have to grow something to know what it is.

I imagine this is what she is doing. I trust her, I just really wish they had called me today. They are a very busy office and she calls me after office hours alot, but I really would have liked to hear something too.

Update-despite wrenching my neck, and then dealing with the upset stomach the muscle relaxer caused, I was at the Vet with Leon first thing this morning (you can see his update on his thread). She still has Clark-my son named him-I guess Mr. Skin Issue was not sitting well with him. She says that those round spots are layers upon layers of built up no shed skin, and that the large lump is definitely an old healed fracture. She says the layers are coming off through misting and humidity, which she says he must have never seen much of. When she gets down to see what is under the skin, she will culture or biopsy or whatever she needs to do. Otherwise, he is doing well. I will keep you posted.

I am glad to hear you know what the lumps are but it is sad they are unshed skin. What awful care those poor chams have had. i am so thankful they are with you. I sure hope all goes well.

Thank you for the update. That sounds so similar to what my guy had, aside from the fracture. He would shed up to the bump and the spot itself would never shed the skin. As a result you could flake 5-6 layers off of them, eventually it would come to a hard "waxy" core. Every once in a while a large piece would shed and include one of these bumps. I dont have any pics of it, but there are some in a member gallery that are exactly as I remember them.

They looked exactly like this picture here when they came off with a shed.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=4467&c=3&userid=1949

And It would leave a hole or pit exaclty like this, without the missing skin around it.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=4101&c=3&userid=1949

I believe that hole was cause by something different. The owner said a UVA burn. That is what it looked like when the plugs came out though. I really do hope your vet is able to find out what it is. And again thanks for keeping us updated.

Thanks Scott for sharing. So Juli are you feeling confident that the vet is correct? It seems odd that a simple (yet vital) low humidty can be the cause of such a horrible looking condition.

Thanks Scott for sharing. So Juli are you feeling confident that the vet is correct? It seems odd that a simple (yet vital) low humidty can be the cause of such a horrible looking condition.

Hi Chad. She still has him. She is getting to the bottom layers and will then culture or biopsy. We really still don't know what is going on with him.

I dropped by the Vet this morning and Clark, the skin issue rescue Veiled died this morning. They really did everything they could. He had been on Baytril for an infected leg, had hardly any toenails on any foot, which my Vet thought was really strange, had a healed but fractured hip, and had the multiple skin buildups, which she said were slowly sloughing off and had decent skin underneath. All I can say is we gave it a good try. Poor Clark. :(

Oh Juli, I'm so sorry you lost this one too. That's so sad. :( Nobody can say that you didn't try your best for him! Poor little guy - God only knows what the poor cham went through before you got him.

Just read this post (after I read your other thread)....so very sorry to hear that he didn't make it. You did the best you could for him and that's all you can do.

Back
Top Bottom