Veiled Panther Chameleon?

well giraffes and tigers arent a good analogy. more like a lion and a tiger which has been done. to tell you the truth i was thinkin about this the other day and wondered what a veiled jackson would look like or a fischers/jacksons would be like. mating may not be possible but artificial insemination has been done successfully with camels and llamas so maybe the same could hold true for chams. its a fun topic to think about! XD if anybody's with me, please say so! i'd like to hear what others think. (hopefully that im not a total nut-job)

100% Grade-A nut job. :D

i reckon if you put a male/female panther/jacksons and a veiled male/female they would end up just attacking each other to death rather than trying to mate.

which would be very gorey and ugly to watch...

I have a male veiled that would mate with a panther female if i let him, but the 2 species have different genetics that make it impossible. Its like a dog isnt gonna get a cat pregnant no matter what.

It's indeed not possible, it's a completly different species, they don't even meet in the wild.
Mating a lion and a tiger is only possible in captivity because they don't meet in the wild and the hybrids can't mate among each other so that's not a healthy way of breeding either. The reason that it's possible because they are in the same family and have a lot in common in DNA.

Kind of the same as in dog breeding, a lot of dogs share the same DNA and it's possible that's the reason why we have so many dog species. Same as with cats, but again possible only by the hand of menkind.

Yea Everyone knows you get a Unicorn when you cross a Rhino and a Horse. LOL

They actually found a deer in Italy that had one antler growing out of the middle of its head, looked like a unicorn.
unicorn-deer.jpg

Why would you want a veiled to be bred with a panther? The hybridization of different animals is never a sure thing and you have no idea how it would turn out if it was even possible. Why would you want to mud down the blood of two already great (natural!) animals? What purpose does it serve other than satisfying your curiosity?

Why don't we have people try to have babies with other primates then?! Let's keep making lots and lots of ligers who happen to grow longer than both their parents because of hybridization? Or why don't we try breeding a veiled and a pygmy together?

A hybrids only original purpose in life is to see how it turns out. It can't be set free, many can't reproduce, and they aren't natural. If we find that it's good at something then it's a plus right? Hey, mules have no purpose for their lives, so let's give them one! To work for us! Or better yet, let me use it to brag about. "hey guys, I have a panther veiled that's worth $xxxx!"

ok here it is a simple as i can put it

we are man, we built the eiffel tower, we can do anything. Screw the impossible!

That deer isn't fake... They've found a couple of them. They are just mutations.

Isn't darwins theory about evolution? Like the Animal has to be born a certain way to pass on traits. (the theory before his was something like this. A giraffe had to eat leaves in a tree, so it stretched it's neck. After a few years the neck began to grow longer, and that's how the giraffe came to be!) he said, something like this. A giraffe cannot pass on traits acquired during it's life time. Because of variation within a species, some had slightly longer necks than others. These longer necked giraffes thrived better. It just so happens that the shorter necked ones died off and now we only have longer necked ones.

In the case of apes to humans (as you can tell I'm trying to make it very simple) we do not directly come from apes. There are many different species between the evolution of primates to human. It just so happens that these intermediate species did not thrive well and died off. Apes and humans did not because their adaptations proved successful.

Ta Da! Basically it's called natural selection. So it isn't so 'load-of-crockish' now.

Edit: to add to the ape thing. Not every ape turned into a different species. Only certain apes that either needed the adaptation, or just happened to stumble across it because of mutation started to evolve into a new species. The other apes just stayed apes. Usually whole populations that do not interact with other populations of the same species evolve into something else.

Last edited:
It would be interesting if somebody managed to do it, but I don't think I'd sign up for a baby :D I like all of mine's different faces.

Now, forget pansy things like unicorns and other nonsense - I'm holding out for the dinosaurs! :D There's a book out (it was turned into a documentary as well on Discovery) by the palaentologist that was the expert behind the Jurassic Park movies that talks about all the different research being done to "backwards-evolve" bird (mainly chicken) embryos back into more reptilian creatures. Chickenasaurus? Yes please. Sign me up!

mixes

I'm sure if it was possible, people would have been doing it for years....we'd have rainbow Veilds, high cask panthers.....so if it hasnt been done yet, probly good reason for it

Back
Top Bottom