Veiled or panther?

Anisa.corp

Established Member
I'm about to get my first chameleon I have done lots of research but I cant decide whether I want a veiled chameleon or a panther I'm not really worried about one being harder to take care of than the other it's more so about the price my limit on the chameleon itself is 200 do you think I could get a good panther chameleon for 200 or should I just stick to the veiled

I don't think you'll be able to find a panther chameleon from a decent breeder for anything less than $350 to be completely honest. I've been having the same problems as you have with deciding, but I decided to go with a panther anyway! If you live close to some breeders and you don't have to pay for shipping, MAYBE they will lower the price for you?

I got my panther from Kammerflage. He was expensive but it was well worth it. I had to save up a little extra to get him, but it overall helped me because I was able to research more and prepare myself more

I have both and honestly I would recommend panther. Anyway if you dont have money for panther, veiled chameleon is awesome just like panther just probably bigger percentage of them are grumpier than panthers. Someone correct me if I’m wrong!

Keep in mind all of the other expenses that go into caring for a chameleon too.

Yeah I know they can really break the bank which is why I kind of put myself on budget for the chameleon itself just so i can make sure i still have money to get everything else he will need

I would buy everything before hand. That will allow you to get it all set up and figure out any flaws you have with the enclosure or equipment
Good idea, you don't want to spend all your money on the cham and then have to scrimp on the equipment needed for good husbandry.

I would buy everything before hand. That will allow you to get it all set up and figure out any flaws you have with the enclosure or equipment
I will definitely buy everything he need first and make sure he has a perfect home before I get one (still search for a good breeder so I'm in no rush)

Get what calls to you... if it’s a panther take a few months longer to save for it. If it’s a veiled then get a Veiled. I recommend a male for your first Cham.
But first get your setup done. You will be surprised at the cost to set everything up for them to live a happy healthy life. I don’t think what species you get should be based on money. While they don’t live very long lives they are with you for many years. So take your time.
Both have their ups and downs. Both can be temperamental toddlers. Both have similar care and cage requirements. The biggest difference is daytime humidity levels.

Back
Top Bottom