veiled on the ground

Miss Grumpy Pants is still doing awesome. Definitely still a grumpy butt. But she’s healthy and eats like pig lol.

Attachments

• 2B363AF1-87D3-49DF-9DE2-B6FB48AAB7B9.jpeg
    2B363AF1-87D3-49DF-9DE2-B6FB48AAB7B9.jpeg
    220.7 KB · Views: 162
I took the time to read through all 20 pages of this and all I can say is wow what a turn around! Most people would of just given up right from the start especially in your situation or just blew everyone’s advice and constructive criticism out the window. Your one of the rare people out there with this type of recovery! Awesome stuff very proud of you! Hope everything continues to get better for you and your little girl soon to be big girl.

I took the time to read through all 20 pages of this and all I can say is wow what a turn around! Most people would of just given up right from the start especially in your situation or just blew everyone’s advice and constructive criticism out the window. Your one of the rare people out there with this type of recovery! Awesome stuff very proud of you! Hope everything continues to get better for you and your little girl soon to be big girl.

Thank you so much! I’ve worked so hard on making her healthy again. I’m so grateful for all the people here that took the time to help me and guide me.

Thank you so much! I’ve worked so hard on making her healthy again. I’m so grateful for all the people here that took the time to help me and guide me.

I saw your post for the first time today and read all 20 pages too. It just made me happy. I know people here want to help everyone the way they did for you. They all came together, everyone gave thorough info and became such a great team. You worked so hard to get everything right even though you’re broke (like me), had a sick baby Cham with special needs, and started with (safe to say) misinformation and no idea what you were in for. It shows if we move forward with love, a desire for understanding, and determination great things can evolve. This is everything I needed right now as someone who is still at the beginning of her journey, and I want to thank you. This thread is the kind we should all ( new, experienced, etc) hope for to transform our hurdles into success, our weak chams and new members into a strong happy community. So kudos.

I saw your post for the first time today and read all 20 pages too. It just made me happy. I know people here want to help everyone the way they did for you. They all came together, everyone gave thorough info and became such a great team. You worked so hard to get everything right even though you’re broke (like me), had a sick baby Cham with special needs, and started with (safe to say) misinformation and no idea what you were in for. It shows if we move forward with love, a desire for understanding, and determination great things can evolve. This is everything I needed right now as someone who is still at the beginning of her journey, and I want to thank you. This thread is the kind we should all ( new, experienced, etc) hope for to transform our hurdles into success, our weak chams and new members into a strong happy community. So kudos.

I totally agree!! Without all these awesome people, she would of died. I was very misinformed. The pet store gave me no instruction. Just here ya go! And stuff I read online was very wrong. I love this site <3

W
My veiled chameleon has been staying on the ground. This is day 3. I've had her for about 1 1/2 months. She's never shed. I guess she's to young? She's just a baby from what I can gather. She's been mad towards us. But she's never much liked being held. She stays her pretty green color until I stand in front of her cage. Then she starts turning a dark color like she's mad or scared. She hasn't been digging, so I don't think she's trying to lay eggs. I copied and pasted the questions:

• Your Chameleon - veiled chameleon. had her 1 1/2 months. female. I don't know how old she is.
  • Handling - we handle her maybe 4 times a week. she doesn't seem to like it
  • Feeding - she eats crickets and superworms. ive tried some different veggies/fruits but she doesn't touch them. I haven't gut loaded anything.
  • Supplements - all ive used is calcium powder from petco
  • Watering - she has a dripper that falls on leaves. I mist the tank by hand from a water bottle every morning
  • Fecal Description - her poop is normal. never been tested. we got her from petco
  • History - she came from Petco. I don't know anything about where she came from

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - she is in a 10 gallon tank that is glass with a metal screened top. she will be moved to a 55 gallon long when my ball pythons new enclosure is finished.
  • Lighting - I have a night time bulb that stays on during the day. she is in front of a big window for UV. when we get her moved to the 55 gallon she will have different bulbs etc
  • Temperature - she has one side that the light is on. the other is her cool side. her tank stays about 80 in the basking side. we have a little circle thermometer
  • Humidity - I don't have any way to measure humidty. I didn't think of that. she has the dripper and I mist everyday
  • Plants - no live plants. I have plastic leaves. a branch. a hidy hole log. she has aspen wood "chips" things as the substrate. they aren't really wood chips. its fine shredded. same as I use for my snake
  • Placement - tank is in front of a window. on a tiny dresser. about belly high. its a regular 10 gallon. not very tall. its the 2nd bedroom. air vent is in the floor to the right of the dresser.
  • Location - northwest alabama
[/QUOTE
Welcome to the forums, and thank you for filling out the form! There are a few husbandry points that are in need of immediate change. I’ll take them one at a time:
1) until she’s back on the path to good health, no handling
2) crickets, roaches, silkworms and BSFL should be regular food items; super worms twice a week max
3) ALL FEEDERS MUST BE GUTLOADED. This can be super easy: but some ‘repashy superload’ and feed this to your bugs
4) buy some ‘Repashy calcium plus loD’ to dust feeders at every feeding...this is the only supplement you need
5) the dripper is good, but misting should be done at least twice/day: morning and just before lights out
6) no long aquarium is suitable for a chameleon; they need tall enclosures, a minimum of 36” tall
7) uvb does not penetrate glass. The chams needs a linear t5 uvb bulb that runs the entire length of the new enclosure and is on for 12 hours/day
8) Unless going bioactive, substrates are not typically used

I’m sorry to snow you with so much info at once, but these things will need to change ASAP to meet even the most basic health requirements of your Cham.

Omg, just saw that this thread is 20 pages long, and that chammers far more experienced than I have already given better advice than mine. Please disregard my post.

LOL! I just update on her progress every so often bc everyone helped me so much here.

Glad you have asked for help and hope you can take the advice given here seriously. Take action and get the proper items so you can turn this thing around quickly. We are all concerned about the quality of life for your cham.

Glad you have asked for help and hope you can take the advice given here seriously. Take action and get the proper items so you can turn this thing around quickly. We are all concerned about the quality of life for your cham.
We were concerned, but she has done wonders for her cham and now we are just here for the updates. Miss Grumpy Pants is looking awesome!! :)

We were concerned, but she has done wonders for her cham and now we are just here for the updates. Miss Grumpy Pants is looking awesome!! :)
Perfect, guess I came in late on this one but glad to hear all is well and she was guided to success by the forum members

I definitely was guided to success! Everyone here is awesome. She wouldn’t be alive if it wasn’t for this forum.

she does turn interesting colors lol. That’s her mad color. She hates my phone when I take her picture lol

I was looking for advice. Not negative comments. Thanx. As I said, once we get my ball python moved, she will be in a 55 gallon long tank with different lights etc. how about giving me some useful advice, instead of putting me down? I can't just return her to petco. I've had her over a month. She's been fine until recently. I don't see why she needs an expensive tank. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom