veiled on the ground

Could the original poster make a free range set up for the Cham to improve things quickly or is the babe to young for that

Free range would be hard for me. I have a ball python in the same room (they can't see each other) and my dogs go in there every now and then. She hasn't outgrown this screen viv yet

She cracks me up the way she sleeps sometimes. I woke her up when I turned her lights on this morning. This was how she was sleeping. She sleeps vertical, hanging on the side of the screen all the time :LOL:

Attachments

• IMG_1068.JPG
    IMG_1068.JPG
    297.2 KB · Views: 189
Even if the cham did not have MBD it would be hard since the little ones can be jumpy and risk falling. I got my female at about 4 months old and I was super scared to let her climb around on the stuff I built for the other 2. She still gets spooked and tries to bolt and if she falls could get into trouble walking around the house or get injured from the fall. At a young age getting a smaller cage would work if that's all you can afford but I still believe getting the adult cage is the best way to go.

In the case of the OP MBD had a large effect on what to do like @Brodybreaux25 said.

She's getting so grown! She's starting to get more colors and patterns. She's so cute!!:love::love:

She looks amazing and to be honest I never realized how beautiful females could be till I saw the pictures @jannb put up. The other was when I got my female panther Amelia. Every time I see her it suprises me how many different colors she carries.

She looks amazing and to be honest I never realized how beautiful females could be till I saw the pictures @jannb put up. The other was when I got my female panther Amelia. Every time I see her it suprises me how many different colors she carries.

Thank you! I'm so proud how great she's doing. I'm excited to see what other colors she gets.

I was looking for advice. Not negative comments. Thanx. As I said, once we get my ball python moved, she will be in a 55 gallon long tank with different lights etc. how about giving me some useful advice, instead of putting me down? I can't just return her to petco. I've had her over a month. She's been fine until recently. I don't see why she needs an expensive tank. Thank you!
She doesn't need LONG tanks she needs TALL enclosures ( I personally prefer the word 'enclosures' over 'cages' ). Chameleons are tree animals. They need the vertical space to climb and explore. You wouldn't put a bird in a rabbit cage would you? I know you seem to mean well. It's rough starting out with a chameleon if you don't have everything just yet. If she's unhappy you could attempt at building a cage, permanent or temporary.

Sorry if this issue has been fixed, I hadn't seen the updated photos my bad and good job!

She doesn't need LONG tanks she needs TALL enclosures ( I personally prefer the word 'enclosures' over 'cages' ). Chameleons are tree animals. They need the vertical space to climb and explore. You wouldn't put a bird in a rabbit cage would you? I know you seem to mean well. It's rough starting out with a chameleon if you don't have everything just yet. If she's unhappy you could attempt at building a cage, permanent or temporary.

Sorry if this issue has been fixed, I hadn't seen the updated photos my bad and good job!

That's ok. This is a really long thread lol.

UPDATE: She's still doing awesome. I love her to pieces! Still no signs of eggs. She's still grumpy lol. I think she's about to shed again soon. She's to cute.

But, we are going on vacation next month and my best friend will be keeping her for 3 days. I'm being a worry wart. I'm making her a care sheet and directions for everything. Anything I should do that I'm not thinking of?

UPDATE: She's still doing awesome. I love her to pieces! Still no signs of eggs. She's still grumpy lol. I think she's about to shed again soon. She's to cute.

But, we are going on vacation next month and my best friend will be keeping her for 3 days. I'm being a worry wart. I'm making her a care sheet and directions for everything. Anything I should do that I'm not thinking of?

Yes, listen to the Chameleon Breeder podcast episode 3, you can find it online or on itunes https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast...bill-strand/id1063849084?mt=2&i=1000358739183

UPDATE: I haven't been on here in a while and just wanted to update yall since yall have helped so much to save her life.
Still no sign of eggs. I'm starting to wonder if she will ever lay any at all because of her MBD.
Other than that, she's still doing great! Here's 2 pics I took of her recently. One isn't very good. It's hard to get good pics of her because she runs from my phone lol.

Attachments

• IMG_0689.PNG
    IMG_0689.PNG
    1.9 MB · Views: 178
  • IMG_E0572.JPG
    IMG_E0572.JPG
    329.7 KB · Views: 184
Back
Top Bottom