- Your Chameleon - Male Veiled chameleon, had since August of last year.
- Handling - Daily, he hates being in his cage and scratches to get out every day. When I open his door he immediately runs over and climbs onto me.
- Feeding - Crickets, Super Worms, Coachs, Wax Worms, horn worms when available
- Supplements - Repti Calcium Without D3, Repti Calcium with D3 and Herptivite multivitamin. Use Calcium without D3 daily, with d3 once a week. Use multivitamin several times a month.
- Watering - I have a misting system that goes off twice in the morning and once in the afternoon. It runs for 2 minutes each time.
- Fecal Description - He's been tested for parasites and it came back negative. Most recent fecal photo below.
- History - Purchased from PetSmart.
- Cage Type - Reptibreeze screen cage, size large. Photo below.
- Lighting - 50w basking bulb , Reptisun 10.0 HO UVB Bulb
- Temperature - Has one side with a basking light on. The other is his cool side. The tank stays about 80 in the basking side
- What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp: 70 degrees. Our thermostat is set to never go lower then this.
- Humidity - His mister goes off several times a day and it’s very humid after.
- Plants - Umbrella plant, Dracaena fragrans 'Jade Jewel
- Placement - He is located in my office in front of a window.
- Location - North Carolina
Current Problem: Cucumber stopped eating about a month ago. I took him into the vet about 4 days into him not eating. They tested his fecal and did bloodwork. His fecal came back negative for parasites and his bloodwork came back with perfect levels. The vet honestly has no idea why he’s not eating. They gave him a b12 injection and prescribed Carnivore Care. I’ve been feeding him Carnivore Care every other day. The vet called a few days ago and told me to try to ween him off of it. He hasn’t has anything since Sunday and is still refusing to eat on his own. He’s not lethargic and moving all around. He’s very happy when I put him on his free roam tree. The only change would be the mister, that we installed back in February. I’ve also spotted him eating dirt a few times. Is there something here I’m missing? The vet suggested trying new feeders, but there aren’t many available locally. Is there anything else I should be looking for? I’m at a loss!