Veiled not acting normal

RandellTheCham

Established Member
Hi again guys!

My 8month male veiled has been on a hunger strike for about amonth eating a few things, ive found him at botterm of his cage eating dead leafs. I stopped trying feed him and he eat 4dubia roaches and 6 pheonix worms. I thought his hunger strike was over but i was wrong he is starting to ignore everything i offer him again.

Ive done tons of research and im certain he doesnt have uri and damaged tongue ect.

He had a mercury uvb+uva bulb which ive now changed to a single basking light and a single uvb. (Seems happier today)

I've noticed he always trying get out of his cage and i do let him out often, id love to free range but it isnt an option in my house with other pets. Randel also likes to walk around the floor and explore.

I have aload of feeders which he doesn't get enough time to be picky. He drinks like a champ too.

Ive noticed his face has been really white for atleast 2weeks, so i thought he possibly having trouble with shedding which is leading to him not eating.

Somedays he looking really runned down and others he looks stunning.

Heres randel this was taken 5minutes ago

Attachments

• IMG_2257.JPG
    IMG_2257.JPG
    237.9 KB · Views: 77
Unless those were tiny roaches he is eating plenty. Babies need lots of food. Adults eat far, far less.
Females are usually greedy, males are usually not.
Your guy is a big badass and there seems to be nothing wrong with him.

How much are you trying to make him eat? Honestly at 8 months, him showing interest in greens is relatively normal, try feeding him safe greens like tuscan and dino kale, and fruits etc. He is definitely going into the age of where he will start weaning himself down to a lower amount of food regularly on his own.

How much are you trying to make him eat? Honestly at 8 months, him showing interest in greens is relatively normal, try feeding him safe greens like tuscan and dino kale, and fruits etc. He is definitely going into the age of where he will start weaning himself down to a lower amount of food regularly on his own.
Thats music to my ears, he's never been the kind to eat greens but my female distroys any live plant that i put im her viv

He looks good to me. They just will do that with food sometimes. I would remove the dead leaves when you see them. I wouldn't imagine there being much nutrition in them, but I am not a botanist so maybe I am wrong! lol

Back
Top Bottom