Veiled moved to the bottom of the cage

New update. Took him back for a second electrolyte enema yesterday morning. He did poop finally and it looks pretty good if a little small.. He ate some more crickets Friday but didn't eat any Saturday (not unusual since he ate some the day before and was moved around a lot that morning).

My wife and I had to go out of town last night and my brother stayed and watched Ollie. He kept his cage spritzed with water but said he really didn't move at all and he still just doesn't look great when we got home.

The doctor says that everything has come back looking good and has warned us it might simply be time. We hate to hear it but are preparing. We are continuing his medicine and we will see what tomorrow brings.

He is definitely weak this morning. Heard a clicking sound and called the vet. He says it is probably a URI, he treatment for which is the antibiotic he is currently on (baytril).

I have him in the bathroom currently on a mesh shelf (the lower door from his cage) over a sink full of hot water to steam him some. I am using the dropper to give him water occasionally to keep him hydrated. I take him in tomorrow for another check up and enema. The doc thinks this all may be steming from the abnormal liver enzymes from the blood work.

Did the vet recommend the steam? What is that supposed to do? I would think that’s the exact opposite of what you would want to do with a URI. Not criticizing, genuinely curious.

Sitting at the vet now. He hasn't eaten since Friday evening and wouldn't even grab on to anything yesterday. Doc just came out and is fairly certain it is liver failure (the liver enzymes were what was high last week and he has just gone down hill since then). They gave him another enema and a little steroid to perk him up a bit so I can get my wife and we can say bye.

We always want to be greedy and hope but I also don't want him to suffer. I have owned many pets through my life but this party never gets any easier.

Sitting at the vet now. He hasn't eaten since Friday evening and wouldn't even grab on to anything yesterday. Doc just came out and is fairly certain it is liver failure (the liver enzymes were what was high last week and he has just gone down hill since then). They gave him another enema and a little steroid to perk him up a bit so I can get my wife and we can say bye.

We always want to be greedy and hope but I also don't want him to suffer. I have owned many pets through my life but this party never gets any easier.
I’m so sorry for your loss, I’m sure he was loved and will be missed.

I'm so sorry you have to go through this. Losing a family member is just so tough and with chams having such short lives it's tough it they are such awesome creatures. I hope you stay with the hobby and this isn't the last time we hear from you. Good luck and God speed little one.

Back
Top Bottom