so i been noticing that my male is hissing pointing his head up opening his mouth sevral times i mist his entire tank n he has water . has this happened to anyone ? ive had him for @ 2yrs now and this is a first!
I would recommend filling out the "How to Ask For Help". This will help us better understand your current situation to provide better help.
* Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
* Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
* Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
* Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
* Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
* Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
* History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
* Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
* Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
* Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
* Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
* Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
* Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
* Location - Where are you geographically located?
Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.
My veiled hisses and opens his mouth at me all the time when I mist him. I think he is just trying to show me he is boss. Sometimes he does it when I reach in to clean his cage as well. Then he goes and hides. He is just showing off for you. Be impressed, be very impressed.
opening his mouth, (hissing) and pointing up? listen closely, is he wheezing? my chameleon often will point her mouth up and open it when swallowing. your chameleon might have something caught in his throat.
wheezing (could be the possible hissing sound), saliva bubble at mouth, head pointing up, gaping, could be possible uri.
he is saying tank..this is just one of the downside to keeping in glass. if there is to much standing water causing to much constant high humidity for long periods of time....... this is why i dont believe just anyone can keep in glass. many disagree but glass has way to many downsides than positives or even equal aspects compared to screen cages. they are great for a few species but thats it.