Veiled has lumps ALL OVER his spine, swollen elbow

Are you measuring the amount of UVB somehow? (beyond what the bulb advertises at)

Yes I am using solar meter 6.5 . I have no screen between bulb. So that makes a difference. You can still use it, I think the guide line is 9 inches above screen, which would make sense if the screen is cutting uvb.

Your using a single bulb fixture correct? If your using a single bulb fixture then the 12% should not be used at the distance you had it. :( you were misinformed.

In the past I had a 2 bulb fixture, one bulb was heat and the other was uvb (round bulbs). After reading that I got one of the long single-bulb fixtures at 12%, but kept the heat bulb in the double fixture (and added a second bulb independent of my timer, which is not usually on, just when it gets really chilly; I have it available in case the temps drop in the terrarium). Anyway... so today I've raised the UVB bulb to be 12 inches away from the basking spot, and ordered a 6% bulb.

In the past I had a 2 bulb fixture, one bulb was heat and the other was uvb (round bulbs). After reading that I got one of the long single-bulb fixtures at 12%, but kept the heat bulb in the double fixture (and added a second bulb independent of my timer, which is not usually on, just when it gets really chilly; I have it available in case the temps drop in the terrarium). Anyway... so today I've raised the bulb to be 12 inches away from the basking spot, and ordered a 6% bulb.
Correct so the compact bulb was wrong... But you should have been advised to get a 6% max for a single bulb t5HO fixture. You will want 9 inches to basking with this bulb.

Just keep in mind that temp at basking is perfect at 80 degrees. adding more heat to the enclosure he is in is not helpful.

No hot moisture. This leads to RI and bacteria growth.

Correct so the compact bulb was wrong... But you should have been advised to get a 6% max for a single bulb t5HO fixture. You will want 9 inches to basking with this bulb.

Just keep in mind that temp at basking is perfect at 80 degrees. adding more heat to the enclosure he is in is not helpful.

No hot moisture. This leads to RI and bacteria growth.

Got it. I've moved the 12% bulb up and it's about 12 inches from the basking spot. Is that fine for now or should I be turning it off until the new bulbs arrive? I am building him a new terrarium right now and will position the basking spots 9 inches from the single bulb UVB fixture.

Got it. I've moved the 12% bulb up and it's about 12 inches from the basking spot. Is that fine for now or should I be turning it off until the new bulbs arrive? I am building him a new terrarium right now and will position the basking spots 9 inches from the single bulb UVB fixture.
It is absolutely fine at 12 inches.

OK for 12% New less than 100hrs
Without Screen.
IMG_1099.jpg IMG_1100.jpg

So with silver aluminum screen at 9 inches from bulb I got 6.3 at the screen, 7 inches below that is 3.4.

I ran out of hands to take pic lol

So I would refrain from extras... Like the amber tech reptaid and the zilla spray. You see we have all these supplements and if we give too much this causes issues. It is finding the balance. With the amber tech there could be something in there causing the issues he is having. Also that is only for reptiles that are over 250 grams.

Personally I would only use the rep cal phos free calcium without D3 for all feedings and buy something like repashy calcium plus for 2 times a month say on the 1st and the 15th. The repashy is your calcium with D3, vitamin A and other vitamins and minerals.

I would also keep them in their bottles. If your using the cricket shakers then just add a teaspoon at a time. Air and moisture can damage supplements. So putting them in something that does not seal fully can cause issues with the effectiveness of the supplement.

Hello, I see three different Repashy Calcium Plus. One is just "Plus," one is "Plus LoD" and the last is "Plus HYD." Which were you recommending?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 4.26.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 4.26.29 PM.png
    870.2 KB · Views: 65
Hello, I see three different Repashy Calcium Plus. One is just "Plus," one is "Plus LoD" and the last is "Plus HYD." Which were you recommending?
You can use the regular calcium plus with the leopard gecko on the cover. This would be 2 times a month. just make sure you drop the herptivite and the calcium with d3.

Hmmm, are chams actually able to successfully convert Beta Carotene to Vit A? I don't know

That's an ongoing debate. Maybe some can and maybe some can't?
According to my vet, many lizards can but chams cannot. That's her opinion but it's what led me to the question. Sounds like the jury is still out on this one.?

Back
Top Bottom