Veiled female MBD, possible constipation

She's so strong and feisty now it's hard for ME to think she's the same chameleon!

I love the first one because her skin looks like bushy eyebrows, lol. :p

I just love happy endings. She looks great! You did a fantastic job with her. Her pictures are adorable. The first one is my favorite.

She looks just incredible. Riven, I'm floored.

You really do deserve to be in the Chameleon Owner's Hall of Fame. 99% of novice chameleon owners would NOT have been able to bring her back from the state she was in when you first posted about her.

Holy cow! she looks amazing. like 1000 times better than when you first started this thread!!!

great job!

Thanks everyone, we put in the hours, but you guys helped with the know how! This was definitely a team effort! Sunny day... you know what that means!

You know when you look back and you wish you had done something different. I wish I had done more documentation on our progess... but a couple nights again I did go through and find pictures of Pascal from our journey. Originally I wanted to do a side by side to see the difference because I looked back and saw some of the first ones and couldn't believe the changes for myself even though I was the one who saw it all first hand. That side by side turned into a short slide show which I uploaded to youtube to share.

Warning... you might cry. I did.

http://youtu.be/xK8AzqJ8qwE

That's lovely. Thank you for that. I'm of the opinion your story with Pascal would make an excellent illustration of how MBD is diagnosed, treated and what the recovery looks like. It could be an invaluable resource for future owners facing the same problem.

That's lovely. Thank you for that. I'm of the opinion your story with Pascal would make an excellent illustration of how MBD is diagnosed, treated and what the recovery looks like. It could be an invaluable resource for future owners facing the same problem.
I agree whole-heartedly!!! Nicole and Pascal's journey has been what helped Mister Twister and me through some of the toughest times. That and help from other wonderful forum friends!

Awww thanks guys. Just doing what any good mom would do. I'm sure it's evident in the posts as well, but there were a lot of days that I wondered if keeping up with the treatments was even humane... to see her now I know it was worth it. :eek:

Wow, Riven I am just so impressed by how good she looks now!! you have done just such an amazing job to not give up on her and take her this far! She truly found the best home with you and I can't tell you how much I admire you for all your efforts and time you spent to help her. I hope many others can learn from Pascal's struggle and help other little MBD chams! Truly inspirational! I wish more people were like you. :)

It has been a long while, life here has been crazy with the selling of a chinchilla herd (well about 160 animals, still have a dozen) major life changes, illnesses, and school... BUT I have not forgotten everyone here!

So today Pascal enjoyed the warm mist of my shower and I decided everyone was well past due for an update! She is doing great over all, she's gotten so big! She moves slowly, but is very strong. Here is a picture of her! We've been having some watering system issues so she she hasn't been drinking about much as usual, but over all she's doing great!

I'm still amazed to look back at everything and see how far she's come. She still has just a bit of droop in her lower lip as you can see in the picture, and has a big of scaring under her chin from all of the force feeding, overall we can't complain about that. Thanks again for everyone's help, we could not have done it without you and all of your support.

And of course she still doesn't like her picture taken... so she puffed up like a balloon for the camera.

Attachments

• pascal 12-12.jpg
    pascal 12-12.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 270
What a story, and what an improvement! She looks awesome, what a pretty lady! Congrats to your great leap in knowledge, what a fighting little chameleon you have!

It is so nice to see Pascal and know that she is doing well. She really looks great.....a very beautiful little girl thanks to you.

Great to know Pascal is still doing well! Thanks for the update. I hope your life changes work out as well as Pascal's have!

It is with an extremely sad heart that I am here to let everyone know that yesterday we lost Pascal.

She had been doing well, was enjoying time outside in the nice days here, and chasing bugs, when we went to feed her the other day she didn't seem interested like usual, but was otherwise acting normal so I didn't worry about it too much. We had been adding dubia's to her diet so sometimes she would stay full a bit longer than others and just figured it was a mix of that and not being outside as much this week due to my work schedule change.

Hailey was devastated and was frantically calling me at work. She wanted a "proper burial" and did not want to have a necropsy done because she didn't want her "all cut up", which I can respect.

I suspect that it was related to her severe MBD, we knew that she would have a shorter life span due to her severe issues, but I was hoping for at least 3 years, we estimate her age at a bit over 2 years. Hailey decked out her box/coffin with some of her plants from her retarium, and kept some others for her "Pascal Plants". The funeral was complete with words of kindness and music.

Thanks to everyone who has followed Pascal along, as of right now, we don't know if we will get another chameleon, it's too soon for Hailey to worry about it she said, but either way everyone here will be important to us as part of Pascal's journey.

That is so sad. My heart goes out to you and Hailey. These little animals have a way of getting right into your heart. You saved her and gave her two wonderful years. I know she will be missed. You and Hailey have my deepest condolences.

Thanks Jan, I was at work when she found her in the morning and called me repeatedly, panicking. Luckily her younger sister was here to tell her to take deep breaths and calm her down, and helped her get everything "cleaned up" and ready for the funeral.

Since she didn't show any signs really I wanted a necropsy just to be sure, but since she was technically Hailey's cham, I was over ruled. I'm sure it was probably related to her MBD in one way or another. Maybe someday I'll get a cabinet set up of my own once my work schedule settles out and I can find a good spot. My biggest issue is I need to have them in a different room than my chins as the chins need cool dry, chams need warm, humid. Nothing like getting opposite pets!

Back
Top Bottom