veiled eyes problem--hes eating only morio nothing else.

Thanks you so much @Beman for your time.
Let me know if you start seeing an improvement in the next few weeks. I would expect appetite to get better if it is related to the former supplement.

Add some more plants so it jump starts and stimulates him through his environment. If you can find the taller centerpiece plants these work really well in a large enclosure.

If you have any questions tag me in this thread.

@Beman hello again!
today I took another plant and put it in so now i have 3 different plants(pothos died) umbrella plant, china doll and hoya(wax plant),take a look!

Attachments

• IMG_20211116_165019.jpg
    IMG_20211116_165019.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_20211116_165011.jpg
    IMG_20211116_165011.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_20211116_164946.jpg
    IMG_20211116_164946.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_20211116_164954.jpg
    IMG_20211116_164954.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 91
@Beman hello again!
today I took another plant and put it in so now i have 3 different plants(pothos died) umbrella plant, china doll and hoya(wax plant),take a look!
looks much better! Hopefully the new plant and change to his environment will perk him up a bit. At this age I would expect him to be eating only 3 days a week with 3 feeders at each feeding. Try only offering food on these 3 days. If you have been offering food everyday then switching may help him with his lack of appetite as well.

@Beman Yesterday i took him to the vet with his fecal in bottle and we found that chameleon was full of parasites and he was dehydrated to...i let him with this problem(parasites) over 5 months...(so im an idiot)so doc gives me medicine for 5 days and then we test fecal again...

@Beman Yesterday i took him to the vet with his fecal in bottle and we found that chameleon was full of parasites...i let him with this problem over 5 months...(so im an idiot)so doc gives me medicine for 5 days and then we test fecal again...

Ah, sorry to hear that. That's why we always suggest doing fecals. Which parasite and which medicine? Different ones require different strategies to avoid reinfection.

Doc doesnt named the parasite,but he give me this medicine : panacur pasta.he told me there is so many parasites in his stomach and yold me to give this for 5 days and then we will do again fecal test.

Attachments

• 16407921170855683634503714760713.jpg
    16407921170855683634503714760713.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 67
Doc doesnt named the parasite,but he give me this medicine : panacur pasta.he told me there is so many parasites in his stomach and yold me to give this for 5 days and then we will do again fecal test.
Call and ask to confirm - panacur can be used for different parasites, but if he has cocidia then you basically need to get all new plants soil etc in your enclosure. If it's pinworms, you wouldn't really need to do that.

Call and ask to confirm - panacur can be used for different parasites, but if he has cocidia then you basically need to get all new plants soil etc in your enclosure. If it's pinworms, you wouldn't really need to do that.
Thanks for this info didnt know it. i will ask the doc and i feedback!

I second everything @bbyoda said... It is extremely important to know what parasite. Certain ones are harder to get rid of and have different cleaning requirements along with prolonged fecals to ensure the parasite is gone.

Well i ask him about it and he told me he cant says exactly what it is.he told me that parasite belong in the category of round(circle) worms if that helps you.something like this

I don't know enough about parasites to know which would be in that family. Coccidia is a single celled parasite...that seems fundamentally different than something in the round worm family. @Beman do you have any insight there?

Found this thru Google.
Roundworms that can infect reptiles include Ascaris species, Strongyloides species and Kalicephalus (hookworm) species. Lizards seem most prone to picking up roundworms, although snakes are also prone to infestations of the hookworm Kalicephalus which can enter through the skin and cause lesions. In small numbers these worms may go undetected, but larger numbers can cause weight loss, failure to thrive, respiratory signs such as difficulty or changes in breathing, skin or mouth sores and lack of appetite.

at this season we mustn replanting i think.. the plants will die.
Maybe you can ask your vet for advice about your Cham not getting reinfected based on the parasite family s/he saw. It's really about understanding how the parasite reproduces and what kills them so you can ensure your chameleon doesn't accidentally eat or touch something that exposes them to the dormant parasite eggs, ooths, etc. In the habitat.

I had to redo my entire enclosure and keep my Veiled in a quarantine enclosure for a few weeks until the coccidia was cleared out of his system.

I think you can repot or adjust your plants as needed given that they're indoors and getting light heat and mist in accord with your chameleon. It's not like the plants are outdoors in the winter.

Back
Top Bottom