Veiled Eggs...Daisy laid 78!!!! HOLY MOLY!

TimTina

Our new girl Daisy laid 78 eggs tonight.:eek:......I feel so bad for her....that seems like a ton!!!

Most people we know that have veilds have about 21-31 eggs.
How many did yours have?

Thanks for reading.
Tim & Tina :O) :)

Mine had 23. It might be a good idea to lower her food intake to about 6 crickets every other day. Make sure she gets plenty of water and calcium! She may be laying a retained clutch soon. :)

damn, i rarely bred mine, because I dont breed crickets, and often i would be thrown in the hole because the food costs are so high, even with beardies. Bred my beardy once i made 5 bucks profit on each baby for months of work

EDIT: i have had a batch of 24 and a batch of 59

TimTina said..."we won't be breeding her again for a long time"...but that doesn't stop her from producing large clutches of infertile eggs.

TimTina said..."we won't be breeding her again for a long time"...but that doesn't stop her from producing large clutches of infertile eggs.

agreed. you arent going to save her body that unnecessary stress. it will happen regardless. veileds are like that. you may as well take advantage of the situation and just keep her comfy. shes virtually doing what she was born to do

No...she's not doing what she would in the wild...she's doing what she will do in captivity. In the wild they lay less eggs and I believe they do it less often. Unless their husbandry is bang on in captivity, they can suffer from producing such large clutches IMHO.

"Females in the wild typically produce clutches of eggs that number in the 20's"...
http://www.chameleonnews.com/03MarKalischVeiled.html

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom