Veiled Eating Pothos

StickyTongues

Hi everyone,
I was just wondering if it is ok for My veiled to eat the Pothos? I know that Pothos are poisonous to some animals like cats and was worried about my Veiled. Over the last few days i have noticed "V" shapped chuncks missing from a lot of the leaves. I havent caught him red handded yet, but i cant think of any other reason i would be missing those chuncks. Any thoughts?

Danny

Some of my female veileds have stripped pothos plants down to the stems and never suffered any consequences from it.

pothos is generally a safe plant, but it could be because of, dehydration, hunger, lack of nutrition, wants more veggies. try fixing all of these

My guy has scarfed a fair amount of his pothos and has seemed ok so far. It is on the list of safe ones as long as they aren't ingesting massive quantities. Honestly there are no studies so we don't know for 100% sure. I think once your chameleon gets used to the plant there may be less consumption and it might not be a husbandry issue. It still could be though.

Thanks for all the replies. I really dont think its dehydration. I mist 4-5 times a day real good and i also have a constant drip going all day long till the lights go out. I guess it can be the need for more veggies. The crickets and roaches i use are usually gut loaded with things like carrots, apples, oranges, spinach, or whatever we might have on hand. The crickets and roaches are gutloaded everytime i feed them. I'll try and up the amount i feed just in case my cham isnt getting enough. I have been feeding him about 8-10 large crickets or 4-5 medium dubia roaches. I also give him a snack or two through out the day which is usually a superworm or a nice wild caught insect. i was giving him a hornworn for his snack, but i cant seem to find anymore. I have a papaya tree that was loaded with them but my cham ate them all. He really seemed to enjoy them so i'm going to order some silkworm eggs to keep him happy.

Danny

My Veiled has become quite the vegitarian as of lately. He Loves his Pothos, Collard Greens, and Dandelion Leaves (especially Dandelion) some times they just prefer it. He should be ok.

Veileds like to eat fruits and veggies. You might try giving him/her some small slivers of collard greens or kale and apple, banana and strawberry.

Back
Top Bottom