Veiled eating a lot of money tree leaves

samanthanortonn

In my veiled’s enclosure, I have a golden pathos and just bought her a money tree yesterday. She never ate the Pothos plant but she has eaten like 3 whole leaves off the money tree in 2 days.. is this normal and safe for her? The money tree is on the list of chameleon safe plants but just making sure that it’s normal/ok for her to be so viciously eating it

It is ok. One of mine has 8 plants... The only one he actively eats is the money tree. My other male only eats pothos. So yeah they pick their preference and this is why it is important to have live plants in with Veileds.

It is ok. One of mine has 8 plants... The only one he actively eats is the money tree. My other male only eats pothos. So yeah they pick their preference and this is why it is important to have live plants in with Veileds.
Should I put some veggies in her cage with her? She eats ample crickets in the mornings I don’t want her getting hungry but I don’t wanna over feed her

Should I put some veggies in her cage with her? She eats ample crickets in the mornings I don’t want her getting hungry but I don’t wanna over feed her
So with females they will always want more food but it is really important for egg production that we limit their food and keep basking temps no hotter then 79-80.
They really should not be fed Veg or fruit. Their body does not digest it and break it down. It is believed that they eat their plants to aid in digestion. Fiber so to speak when they need it. Some will strip plants some will eat them here and there.

Back
Top Bottom