Veiled coloring.

Hickswife42

Hey everyone!, Hope everyone is doing okay! Not sure if theres a thread about this already but was wondering how to tell what mood your cham is in by looking at their color? When my cham is in his home hes a more darker color with dark blues browns and sometimes almost black then when I have the chance to handle him and hes out of his home hes more vibrant blues and browns. Any advise on how to read their color patterns?

Im not sure I can tell you what to say about their color changes. Might be different than regular ones.

Attachments

• 20200403_224343.jpg
    20200403_224343.jpg
    332.9 KB · Views: 87
  • 20200403_224249.jpg
    20200403_224249.jpg
    297.7 KB · Views: 80
  • 20200329_132907.jpg
    20200329_132907.jpg
    380.3 KB · Views: 85
  • 20200329_115027.jpg
    20200329_115027.jpg
    374.1 KB · Views: 122
I beautiful chameleon..neat colors and patterns!
Unfortunately I can't tell you what the colors are saying....sorry. You do know that it's not only color and patterns that speak to you it's posture too eh!?!

I beautiful chameleon..neat colors and patterns!
Unfortunately I can't tell you what the colors are saying....sorry. You do know that it's not only color and patterns that speak to you it's posture too eh!?!
Yes, I know that when they are turned to side and puffed out they mad haha, that I know.

There's more to it than that. They will also hold one hand up under their chin to show readiness for aggression. The body will be puffed out for aggression and also, in males, to show readiness to mate. Thin body sometime to "hide" from predators or show caution in a territory that isn't theirs. Lots of other "language" too.

Females show they are gravid/non receptive by color and pattern and willingness/readiness to mate by other patterns, posture and colors.

There's more to it than that. They will also hold one hand up under their chin to show readiness for aggression. The body will be puffed out for aggression and also, in males, to show readiness to mate. Thin body sometime to "hide" from predators or show caution in a territory that isn't theirs. Lots of other "language" too.

Females show they are gravid/non receptive by color and pattern and willingness/readiness to mate by other patterns, posture and colors.
Didnt know about the hand thing, I seen a post on here before about a cham that wouldn't close their hands but didnt know that. I love this site all of you here are so helpful and always ready to help! You guys are awesome for that.

Back
Top Bottom