Veiled closet incubation tips?

anil93

Hello all, Ive been keeping various species of chameleons for over 10 years now and finally purchased my first adult female veiled at a Repticon event here in Orlando, FL this past December 3rd. She was gravid at the time and the vendor told me she was with a male so the eggs would be fertile. Just yesterday afternoon I came home to find 34 eggs burried in her nesting box! Here's my issue. I mixed up some vermiculite and wrenched it out until it clumped and no longer dripped and had a balanced consistency. I then placed my eggs in a tupperwear container with even spaces between them all and my temps sat nicely at 72-75 degrees but my humidity stays put at 99%. I have a few holes poked to the top and theres a little condensation occuring on the lid. My biggest fear is that if the humidity remains this high my eggs will go bad and im destined to any help to ensure these little guys make it. ANY and ALL advice would be greatly appreciated!

Bump. I just need to know how to lower my hmidity from 99%. could my mix be too damp? I squeezed it thouroughly til a good clumpy feel as many threads have mentioned. Surely someone has had experience with this

I, unfortunately, don't have any experience with breeding, yet. Perhaps you could poke a few more holes in the lid to let a little more of that moisture out. Or maybe make the existing holes just a tiny bit larger?

I too have never incubated Cham eggs....but...to lower humidity cut a section of the lid and cover with screen. Tape edges to secure the edges....duct tape works. Watch that they don't dry out...mist occasionally to prevent it.

Sounds fine to me I breed panthers and use same incubation media but in an incubator. If big water beads start to form on lid then I wipe them off but some condensation is normal. My egg boxes are sealed with no holes I just open them every couple weeks to exchange air.

Sounds fine to me I breed panthers and use same incubation media but in an incubator. If big water beads start to form on lid then I wipe them off but some condensation is normal. My egg boxes are sealed with no holes I just open them every couple weeks to exchange air.

Appreciate everyone's two cents! But so your saying as long as my temps are between 72-78 with moderate condensation and a few holes I should be fine?

Back
Top Bottom