Pregnant veiled chameleon

aszert

IMG_1161.JPG
IMG_1167.JPG

As you can see this is a veiled chameleon named Azula, her age i am unsure but i do know it is her first time breeding and laying eggs. i bought her from a breeder at the convention repticon in orlando. when i bought her she had just bred with a biggggggggg male veiled what was over a foot head to tip of tail the breeder named godzilla. i was informed that she would take 2-3 weeks to lay her eggs which was a week ago. she already spending a lot of time at the bottom of the cage but i just want to make sure shes as healthy as possible for her delivery. i have tree branches and fake leaves and plants through out the cage which i will post a better pic of once i upload this. i mist her 3 times a day for about 2 mins and have a dripper in the cage that is just a hollow bendy tube with textured material for grip wrapped around the outside. ill turn that on while im out for a while or if i have to go for the week end. (very rare but it happened) i handle her daily and when i open the cage she will sometimes walk right onto my hand and up my arm, others she wont budge and i will leave her be for a while but will never force her out. i feed her about 8 crickets a day and once this week a batch of dusted rep-cal phos-free calcium with vit.d. i tried with super worms but she only ate 2 and would have no more of them. i got mixed reviews as to how often she should get calcium powder and which kinds. her temperatures are 80 under the basking bulb if shes at the highest point and the rest are around 73-75 on average. humidity if around 60% since i have the fan on most of the time in my room plus the drip i made with misting.with the drip i often see her walk up and begin drinking from it and for a while was drinking out of a hamster bottle which worked pretty well. her poop is a consistent brown and with a white or slightly yellow part i forgot the name. she was tested for worms and other parasites when i got her. shes about 9" long, she doesn't stand still very often to measure, but roughly. i was using a live plant which was a bloom-less orchid but removed it since it began to smell with the poop. i have a paper towel at the bottom of the cage to catch any extra water that the tray that's above the floor panel doesn't catch. i dump the tray every day and refill the bottle that hold the water on top of the cage every day. i replace the paper tower every other day and i wash the cage out once every 2 weeks. the banches and fake leaves i have twist tied to end of the cage so i can removed the bottom of the cage and hose it down thoroughly. its a medium repibreeze and i use a duel light system but was not instructed entirely how to use it. i have 2 bulbs of which i have no box for due to a friend of mine giving them to me after his cham died after 6 years. the cage is on my side dresser about 3-4 off the ground and against a wall near a window if she need some extra heat. all in all i just want an opinion on what i should change, improve, or negate in the keeping of this beautiful creature, shes so sweet and very easy to handle i would hate for anything to happen to her. main concerns are as to when i should put the trash bin of moistened top soil, what signs to look for, and how should her feeding go in terms of vitamins and calciums. ill send a pic of the heat lamps to verify if they are reptisun 5.0 or not.

Back
Top Bottom