veiled chams pattern

whysoez420

does it mean they are scared when they get a spotted pattern of dots n such on them? i walked into my room and my cham was on the back screen of the cage and had that pattern all over him. he stayed on there like that for a good hour until i took him off. he's 3 months old and I've only seen him go on the screen once before. any help is appreciated.

does it mean they are scared when they get a spotted pattern of dots n such on them? i walked into my room and my cham was on the back screen of the cage and had that pattern all over him. he stayed on there like that for a good hour until i took him off. he's 3 months old and I've only seen him go on the screen once before. any help is appreciated.

Yes, spots usually mean they are scared or stressed...

Spots can mean a lot of things! My girl goes spotty when she's hunting, hiding or pooping as well as when she's stressed. Climbing the mesh and being spotty is most likely a sign of stress or annoyance of some sort. My girl climbs the mesh at egg laying time but your guy could just be annoyed that he can't climb the mesh properly :) If he makes a habit of doing that then you may want to add some trellis or plastic garden mesh to the sides of his enclosure so he can climb it properly.

Spots can mean a lot of things! My girl goes spotty when she's hunting, hiding or pooping as well as when she's stressed. Climbing the mesh and being spotty is most likely a sign of stress or annoyance of some sort. My girl climbs the mesh at egg laying time but your guy could just be annoyed that he can't climb the mesh properly :) If he makes a habit of doing that then you may want to add some trellis or plastic garden mesh to the sides of his enclosure so he can climb it properly.

Haha, yeah they do it when they hunt too. I figure they must be nervous and stressed trying to catch their food. A "Time to get Serious" outfit.

All the chemical colour changer are controlled by hormones so I guess colour changes when the chameleon is in an extreme mood (sort of) like when my girl is happy (like when I give her a big juicy raspberry) she goes super duper bright! But when I finally get her out of her cage she goes the same colour but not because she's happy! Same colours can mean different things :)

Back
Top Bottom