Veiled chameleon

Michelleb8999

Today when I got home from work my veiled chameleon was on the bottom of her cage she has never liked the bottom she likes being up in the trees. When I took her out of her cage to handle her and take her out in the sunshine which I do every other day I noticed her shoulder is moving funny. She is my first chameleons. I took a video hopefully I can get some answers from you guys I do not have money to take her to the vet until Friday.

Today when I got home from work my veiled chameleon was on the bottom of her cage she has never liked the bottom she likes being up in the trees. When I took her out of her cage to handle her and take her out in the sunshine which I do every other day I noticed her shoulder is moving funny. She is my first chameleons. I took a video hopefully I can get some answers from you guys I do not have money to take her to the vet until Friday.

Broken or dislocated in the fall. Is that your only source of UVB? What supplement schedule are you using?
She has a blue UV 75 watt light that is on during the day. And then she has a black UV light a 100w Watt that's on 24 hours a day. She gets a multivitamin powder and a calcium powder dusted on her crickets on her mealworms and on her superworms.

15571739850874727187890413521655.jpg

She has a blue UV 75 watt light that is on during the day. And then she has a black UV light a 100w Watt that's on 24 hours a day. She gets a multivitamin powder and a calcium powder dusted on her crickets on her mealworms and on her superworms.
A Black light? Like a rave blacklight?

Here is some recommended information to include when asking for help in the health clinic forum. By providing this information you will receive more accurate and beneficial responses. It might not be necessary to answer all these questions, but the more you provide the better. Please remember that even the most knowledgeable person can only guess at what your problem may be. Only an experienced reptile veterinarian who can directly examine your animal can give a true diagnosis of your chameleon's health.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?
Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

Focus on me.

Best case scenario is Your female is in the early stages of MBD and broke her shoulder in the fall. That’s best case.

Respectfully, and I genuinely mean that, nearly everything you have shown me so far is wrong and has contributed to the situation she’s in. Your about to get a lot of help, all well intentioned, don’t let it overwhelm you. I’ll wait until you post the help form to line out the changes required.

Here is some recommended information to include when asking for help in the health clinic forum. By providing this information you will receive more accurate and beneficial responses. It might not be necessary to answer all these questions, but the more you provide the better. Please remember that even the most knowledgeable person can only guess at what your problem may be. Only an experienced reptile veterinarian who can directly examine your animal can give a true diagnosis of your chameleon's health.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?
Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.
Focus on me.

Best case scenario is Your female is in the early stages of MBD and broke her shoulder in the fall. That’s best case.

Respectfully, and I genuinely mean that, nearly everything you have shown me so far is wrong and has contributed to the situation she’s in. Your about to get a lot of help, all well intentioned, don’t let it overwhelm you. I’ll wait until you post the help form to line out the changes required.
Ok im filling it ok right now

Focus on me.

thumb_via-9gag-com-look-at-me-i-m-the-captain-now-14038913.png

Haha sorry Brody you just made me think of this meme. But this is your ship I'll let you sail it.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon she is a veiled chameleon, female she is about 6 months old and we have had her sense February
  • Handling - I take her outside into the sun every other day
  • Feeding - she gets 4- 6 crickets a day they are dusted in calcium and vitamin pack, she has constant access 2 mealworms wax worms and twice a week she gets a superworm.
  • Supplements - I have been using the vitamin pack and calcium powder that came in the starter pack for her cage
  • Watering - she has a mister that creates Mist into her cage every hour for 45 seconds the humidity thermometer is always at Tropical.
  • Fecal Description - when we first got her the droppings were large and watery. Now they are not as big and dryer
  • History - when we first got her she did not like to be handled but slowly I have been able to take her out of her cage. About a month ago her eating habits slowed and I got her a supplement for reptiles to increase her appetite.
Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - she is in a 100% wired cage. With a feldt cover covering 75% to hold heat and moisture in better. She has multiple Vines sticks and plastic Leafs
  • Lighting - she has three lamps. 1 coiled light one blue light that I took a picture and posted earlier and a black light of the exact brand for night
  • Temperature - she sticks to the top of the cage with the two basking lights she does not like heating Rock I put at the bottom and refused to be around it so I took it out
  • Placement - her cage is 4 feet off the ground next to large window there is an air vent 6 to 7 feet from her cage it is not in a high-traffic place it is in my bedroom
  • Location - I live in New Mexico
I hope all this information helps

Back
Top Bottom