Veiled chameleon

Ok let’s start with lights, You need two.
The curly one can be thrown out, it’s useless. Same for the other one. All you need is a basking bulb and linear UVB. I’m assuming you bought the chameleon “kit”, correct? You can keep the dome fixture itself and use it for basking. You can put regular incandescent bulbs in it, doesn’t have to be the expensive “reptile” bulbs. All your using it for is heat.

Now the most important upgrade you need to make is to a linear UVB fixture with a 12% UVB bulb from Arcadia. This is what will prevent MBD, do you know what that is?

These will help:
9E214594-E9D7-46DA-A06C-494954AD4E6F.jpeg
DDFE5CB3-E972-4BD2-91F1-94123EF42F7E.png
D3ADA592-48F1-4057-9299-00E61E97B750.png
4E5E443D-8761-45D3-8D82-14D1F3F7F205.jpeg
E32DC729-63AF-44A8-B0B4-EE7AA681CA41.jpeg
70A2CCFB-BE4B-4289-9893-770233789E4D.jpeg
BD108640-AE06-4B32-846A-F165855A7475.jpeg
8DC6FA94-5337-48B2-A75F-944ED5BBF2B8.jpeg

Ok let’s start with lights, You need two.
The curly one can be thrown out, it’s useless. Same for the other one. All you need is a basking bulb and linear UVB. I’m assuming you bought the chameleon “kit”, correct? You can keep the dome fixture itself and use it for basking. You can put regular incandescent bulbs in it, doesn’t have to be the expensive “reptile” bulbs. All your using it for is heat.

Now the most important upgrade you need to make is to a linear UVB fixture with a 12% UVB bulb from Arcadia. This is what will prevent MBD, do you know what that is?
Yes i was looking at things for almost 3 hours before i posted on here. Ill look for the 12% uvb bulb. I have to go to the pet store later for some crickets. I don't mind buying the expensive bulbs as long as they're helping her.

Yes i was looking at things for almost 3 hours before i posted on here. Ill look for the 12% uvb bulb. I have to go to the pet store later for some crickets. I don't mind buying the expensive bulbs as long as they're helping her.
Awesome, may have to order them online, most stores don’t carry them. Your trips into the sunshine prevented her injuries from being worse than they are, even though they are still pretty bad. She should be seen by a vet, though I doubt they will do anything for her.

So your not using any thing with D3? Toss the calcium replace it with this, put it on every feeder you give her. It will make your routine much simpler:
E00217F5-9E8A-40FD-B62E-815992FD2572.png

The Flukers can be thrown away, replace with Bug Burger or Cricket Crack, think I have you pictures of both.

Lol OK...

No more mealworms, you have so many better options. Super worms are ok as an occasional treat, think of them as candy. Crickets or Dubia Roaches are your best bet for staple feeders.Dubia are resilient, easy to breed, and don’t smell like crickets do! No matter which you choose remember that variety, dusting, and a quality gutload are key.

Watering and temps - the humidity and temperature gauges that read “tropical” are notoriously inaccurate. This is a critical tool, spend some money on this and get a good one, you’ll never regret it.

An automated misting system is the way to go, good job on that! But I’m afraid that once an hour is too aggressive of a schedule. It’s critical that your viv dries out completely between sessions. Veilds are from more of an an arid climate and don’t require as much humidity as other species. Cut back to 1-2 mins every 4-5 hrs.

Back
Top Bottom