Veiled chameleon super stressed in new cage

guys I'm still worried colours are very dark in his previous enclosure all he had was one thin twig and he wasn't stressed i don't know whats wrong know last time i took him to the vet for a checkup as soon as i got him in the transport box his colours went as bright as could be this is so strange any opinions pls

Have you added more plants? Misting him/enclosure more? Is he eating yet?
Sounds like he's not happy about his home for some reason. Are the temps good?
Did you read the care sheets?
Kath.

so guys today i just got a ficus tree. i put him in a plastic box till i placed it in and rearranged the whole setup when it was done i went to pick him up and he was this very nice colour with yellows how all photos of them look on the internet he couldn't be nicer why is it when i put him in something else he calms down ??? i put him in with the plant now and has a new setup but as soon as i put him in dark he is again this is so strange :(

Can you upload some updated pics of your chameleon, new plant and set up for us? They can go a darker colour when basking but dark patterning is usually stress related.

image2_zps3e40da90.jpeg

image_zpsea04da5d.jpeg

image4_zpsbd391d34.jpeg

image3_zps61788656.jpeg

Oh. I expected to see a much darker chameleon lol. I don't think he looks particularly dark for a chameleon his size. Can see he's having a shed too so that's a good sign, he looks quite normal to me overall. Interested to see what others say.

well done zack!
now you have to wait a few days unitl your cham gets used to the new habitat. leave him quiet for a week then we'll see. if he doesn't get back to his regular colours then there might be something else to fix. He doesn't seem too dark anyway, he might just be a bit grumpy because he's shedding!! is he eating and drinking ok? how many times a week/day do you mist him? (always use warm water!!) very nice veiled btw!!! :)

P.s: I didn't notice you're in Malta. If your cham eats and drinks fine and just doesn't like it indoors wait a couple of months than move the whole cage outside, then you'll see his best colours!! just add a few extra mistings and shade during the hot summer of your beautiful island!! (and post some photos of wild chameleons whenever you see them) :)

Last edited:
ill wait a few days i mean in his old cage which was plain he was always ok its since he's in this one :( yes we do get hot summers here. and wild chameleons which are illegal to keep as they are protected like any other reptiles in malta thanks guys

Back
Top Bottom